Cairns Reef Flight, Skyrail & Kuranda Scenic Rail Combo
Take a 40-minute scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, then visit Kuranda by travelling on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and returning by the Kuranda Scenic Railway. You will get to explore the village and enjoy free time visiting markets, wildlife parks, shops and food stalls as well as discover World Heritage-listed pristine rainforest by historic scenic railway.
What makes it Great:
- Explore picturesque Queensland on a combo cable car, train, and plane tour
- See many Cairns’ most scenic places on one convenient, cost-effective outing
- Save time with convenient pickup and drop-off in Cairns City Centre
- Experience the Kuranda Railway, a Reef Hopper flight, and the Skyrail
- 40-minute high wing aircraft scenic flight
- Hotel pickup only from Cairns city centre area
- Guaranteed window seats
- In-flight commentary
- Free drop off to Skyrail station if no weather restrictions for the morning flight
- Skyrail ride up to Kuranda village
- Scenic Rail ride back to Cairns central
- Entry/Admission - GSL Aviation
- Entry/Admission - Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Entry/Admission - Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Food and drinks
- Drop offs after the Scenic Rail ride
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: GSL Aviation, 83 Royal Flying Doctor St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia. We offer hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns city centre area. Pickup will commence 45-minutes to 1-hour prior to start time.
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Flight returns to the original departure point at Cairns General Aviation. Kuranda Scenic Rail returns to Cairns Freshwater station and Cairns Central station.
Your day at a glance
- Start your day with our coach pickup from your accommodation in Cairns CBD.
- Come to see the Great Barrier Reef from above with our popular 40-minute Reef Hopper scenic flight.
- Departing Cairns Airport this tour includes Green Island and the Great Barrier Reef.
- After exploring the Reef you’ll head back toward the mainland, with views of the North Queensland coastline. Sights include Cairns, Green Island, Arlington Reef, Upolu Reef, Double Island and Palm Cove.
- After the flight, we'll drop you to Skyrail Smithfield Station. Get up to Kuranda on the Skyrail cable car and enjoy an amazing canopy view. There are two stops on the way.
- Spend roughly 2.5 hours in Kuranda Village, visiting stores and food vendors.
- Return to Cairns with the historical Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- Once back to Cairns Central station, please make your own way back to your accommodation. Afternoon drop off is not included in the combo price.
Travelling with chilren
- Children under 3 years old are considered infants and can travel free of charge on a paying adult's lap.
- Child aged between 3 and 4 only requires to pay for the flight.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
- A minimum of 2 people per flight is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Cairns Reef Flight, Skyrail & Kuranda Scenic Rail Combo. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
About GSL Aviation
GSL Aviation are your best value operators for Cairns scenic flights. Our scenic flights and tours have been designed for the best viewing of the Reef and surrounding Daintree area, and our procedures and practices have been refined through years of experience in tourism operations. Our practices over the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park have all been approved by the Marine Park Authority, and we continue to support the ongoing conservation of the reef, with our low impact tourism operations. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world, and once you see it from above, you'll certainly understand why. Our Aim is simple, and that is to give you the best possible experience of these amazing natural wonders.
Departure Point: GSL Aviation, 83 Royal Flying Doctor St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia. We offer hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns city centre area. Pickup will commence 45-minutes to 1-hour prior to start time.