Passions Of Paradise Cairns
Experience the adventure of snorkelling, diving and sailing on the Great Barrier Reef with Passions of Paradise. The 25 metre high performance catamaran sails daily from Cairns to two unique outer reef locations, where you can dive and snorkel with turtles, colourful fish and see an amazing variety of corals.
- Sailing on a stylish and fast catamaran
- Two unique outer reef destinations
- All Snorkelling equipment included
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Netted deck trampoline at the bow of the boat
- A chef prepared tropical buffet lunch.
- Morning and afternoon tea provided
- $20 EMC levy included in price
Enjoy a personalised day on the Great Barrier Reef with a friendly crew dedicated to making your trip memorable and a local operator whose environmental credentials and attention to detail have earned many awards including the Australian Tourism Award for Adventure.
Your Day with Passions
- Passions of Paradise on the Great Barrier Reef
- Cruise from Cairns at 8am aboard the stylish Passions Catamaran to the Great Barrier Reef
- Relax with morning tea, get to know the crew and learn all about or marine eco system
- Arrive at our first amazing outer reef location, where you can snorkel, dive, sunbathe, or chill out on the boat
- Time for a Tropical buffet lunch of hot & cold dishes including local fruit
- Arrive at our 2nd amazing outer reef location, where you can jump in for a swim, snorkel, dive or relax
- Wind down with a cold beverage on the sail back to Cairns for 5pm whilst enjoying afternoon tea
Snorkeling at Upolu Reef
Snorkeling gear is Included on your Great Barrier Reef experience with Passions
you never know what you will come across when you snorkel in the warm, clear waters at Uplou Reef.
Some of the marine life spotted at Uplou Reef
- Green turtles
- Manta rays
- Clown fish
- Soft and hard corals
- Giant Clams
We offer a full briefing on how to snorkel & fit the snorkeling equipment for you if required.
All guests are welcome to join a free snorkelling tour for a unique insight into this special World Heritage area.
Introductory diving is a safe and fun Great Barrier Reef adventure that allows you to get up close to turtles, giant clams, clown fish, coral trout, barramundi cod and a variety of colourful corals. All introductory scuba divers start from the safety of the Passions of Paradise catamaran and dive in a calm, shallow lagoon full of marine life
Passions offer Intro Divers:
- A FREE “try before you dive” policy which means you are welcome to join the briefings, get into the water and use apparatus for 5 minutes before deciding to continue with your dive
- Maximum of 4 students per Instructor
- Highest quality equipment
- Highly experienced instructors
Certified scuba divers have an amazing range of exclusive reefs to dive with a selection of drift dives, wall dives and swim throughs. With our extensive choice of reef destinations, we will take you to the best locations on the day for a fully guided dive with all your equipment, including wetsuits and computers, provided. Explore the depths of the Great Barrier Reef.
Passions offer Cert Divers:
- Drift dives, wall dives and swim throughs
- Price inclusive of all gear, dive computer and wetsuit
- Complimentary guided dive with our experienced Dive Masters
- High quality equipment
Great Barrier Reef Eco Talk
Join our eco talk on the way back from the reef following your in-water activities. This fun and lively 30 minute commentary on the coral, fish and unique features of the Great Barrier Reef is a great opportunity to learn more about the ecosystem you have just dived and snorkelled.
Highly interactive, marvel at how hard and soft corals co-exist, why reef creatures work together and why Nemo’s father is actually his Mother? Come away appreciating how we can all take a part in protecting the Great Barrier Reef for future generations.
Two Reef Locations
Coral Reef at Upolu Cay with Passions of Paradise
Each day we will select the site best suited to the weather conditions to give our guests the best possible experience.
All sites include stunning coral gardens, structures and fish. Some are notable for swim-throughs while others have very shallow lagoons. All reefs are different but you can be assured of having an enjoyable day with the best possible reef options offered on the day subject to tides and weather conditions.
Certified scuba divers can experience depths of up to 25 meters along the edge, water clarity is good and the Outer Reef is host to many exciting fish species.
Check-in Time & Location
Check in is at our counter at the Reef Fleet Terminal, Marlin Marina, Cairns from 7:00 am for 8 am departure.
What to Bring
Bring, hat, sunscreen, bathing gear, sunglasses, towel, etc. as you would for travelling to the beach.
We have credit card facilities on the boat for additional options.
Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
Children (4 - 14 years) $110
Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) $479
Adults (15+years) $175
Amazing time and amazing team!
We had a terrific day. It was well organised, facilities were excellent, staff were great (particularly Alex who took us diving) and the weather was perfect. To top it off we swam with a turtle. How good does it get? Just the complete package for a top day!!!
Keep up the great work!!
Wonderful trip. Friendly and efficient and locally owned too!
Just an awesome day, we were so impressed with the overall experience and the flawless delivery by really impressive team. The food was spot on for the activities we were doing.
Our first trip to the reef and we were not disappointed the crew and service were awesome, Michaelmas reef is ideal for all with turtles, giant clams and so many colourful fish to see. We would recommend Passions of Paradise to everybody interested in smaller group reef experiences.
This was a well organised excursion with professional friendly staff. The facilities were excellent with safety paramount. The buffet lunch was good and the crew very informative. Good value for money.
Passion of Paradise Check-in Procedure:
Check-in Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns at 7:30am for an 8am departure.
The Reef Fleet Terminal is located at 1 Spence St.
Passions Of Paradise returns into Cairns at 5pm.