2 Day Reef & Rainforest Package
Experience the Great Barrier Reef then explore the wonders of Cape Tribulation and the famous Daintree National Park.
The 2 Day Reef & Rainforest Package departs Cairns daily.
Upgrade to a Deluxe PAK to include a Beautiful lunch at Cape Tribulation and admission to the award-winning Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas
- Day 1: Reef tour departs from the Reef Fleet Terminal (Check-in from 7.15am for 8.00am departure. Returns at 4.30pm)
- Day 2: Day 2: Includes pick-up & drop-off from your hotel. (Pick-up time confirmed at the time of booking)
Day One | Full Day Reef Cruise on EVOLUTION
Departs from the Reef Fleet Terminal
↻ Duration | Up to 8 Hours
Cruise on-board, Evolution, a modern, award-winning vessel to Outer Great Barrier Reef.
With five hours reef time, this tour offers you more time to explore two stunning reef sites within the world’s most famous Marine Park. A buffet lunch, together with live music and free glass of wine with nibbles provide a level of service and comfort unmatched.
In the afternoon there's a choice of optional activities such as a ride on our Semi-Submersible coral viewing tour (weather dependent), a 10 minute scenic helicopter flight, introductory or certified diving, or just laze around on our massive sun-deck.
- 2 stunning outer reef sites - 5 Hours Reef Time
- Snorkelling equipment & floatation devices provided
- Hot BBQ Lunch (Hot meats, fish, prawns & a variety of fresh salads, vegetarian option available)
- Free Lycra/sun suit hire
- Fruit platter, cheese and a glass of wine on return journey
- Experienced, professional dive instructors
- Large air-conditioned modern lounges to relax in comfort
Your day on the Great Barrier Reef with Evolution
7:30AM : Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal - 1 Spence St, Cairns
8.15AM : Evolution departs Cairns to its first location
11:30AM : Enjoy a BBQ buffet lunch onboard
1:00PM : Evolution arrives at its second location
3:00PM : Evolution departs for Cairns
4:30PM : Evolution arrives back in Cairns
Activity included in your day: Snorkelling
We have selected our outer reef locations for their variety and bottom contours, so to provide the best experience for both beginners, experienced snorkelers and children of all ages.
Our staff keep a constant watch over the snorkelling sites making sure all passengers can enjoy the amazing wildlife in perfect safety. Our snorkel supervisors are all experienced Divemasters and provide in-depth briefings on safety procedures and site orientation, so you know where to find all the 'cool stuff'.
For the beginners we offer one-on-one tuition on gear use and snorkelling techniques, a selection of buoyancy aids (foam noodles, life jackets and wetsuits) and FREE snorkel guides are available all day long to guide you through the natural maze of beautiful coral and fish.
Extra Optional Activity: Introductory Dives
No experience necessary! Try scuba diving without any previous training or experience! That’s right, if you have never dived before, and have always wished to experience firsthand the beauty of the underwater world you can arrange an Introductory dive with one of our friendly and professional Instructors.
Through the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program you will be taught all the basic skills required to dive down up to 12 metres while accompanied by one of our experienced Instructors. Even people with limited swimming ability can enjoy the thrill of diving the Great Barrier Reef in perfect safety. Requirements Participants must be at least 12 years of age All participants must complete a medical assessment on board to assess their fitness for diving Try our FREE Scuba lesson (available on-board)…it’s fun and it’s easy!
Extra Optional Activity: Certified Dives
EVOLUTION travels to 2 of our 12 exclusive outer reef dive locations every day. With over 5 hours at the reef, there's plenty of time between dives for snorkelling and relaxation. Our certified divers can enjoy up to 3 dives per day, either guided with one of our professional Divemasters or with your own dive buddy or one we can provide for you. Our experienced, environmentally conscious Divemasters know all the best areas at our sites, and know how to find and interact with all the amazing marine life.
Marine Biology Guided Snorkel Tour
Learn the secrets of the reef from our marine biologist and explore the coral gardens on a guided snorkel tour. Join these professional men and women for a guided snorkel tour, which takes approximately 20 minutes - and which will bring you up close and personal with the extraordinary marine life and colourful coral.
For first timers, this is also a great way to learn the art of snorkelling and feel comfortable in the water. For more experienced snorkellers this is an interactive tour that will put you on the key coral formations and marine creatures - setting you up for a great day of exploration at your own pace.
SubXplorer Semi Submersible
Enjoy the spectacular coral formations without getting wet on our semi-submersible tour with commentary and marine life identification cards. The tour operates at Hastings Reef and runs for approximately 20 minutes. Our friendly team help guests board directly from Evolution safely. Once inside everyone has a seat by the enormous viewing windows and you will be welcomed on board by our Marine Biologist who will provide live commentary in English throughout the tour - helping you understand the enormity of the world's largest living organism.
What to bring
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Travel Voucher
- Spare Clothes
- Swimmers and a towel
Day 2: Daintree Rainforest & Cape Tribulation Day Trip
Accommodation Transfers Included
↻ Duration | Up to 12 Hours
Pick-up start from 6:45am - 7.30am (confirmed at time of booking) & tour returns to Cairns at approximately 6:30pm
Join our professional, friendly and highly experienced guides in an unforgettable day of fun, discovery and adventure exploring the majestic rainforests, pristine rivers and white sandy beaches of the World Heritage Listed Cape Tribulation and Daintree National Parks. Cape Tribulation is the only place in the world where two-world heritage listed regions live alongside each other.
Designed for travellers looking for best value experiences, the tour includes all the must-see attractions between Cairns and Cape Tribulation Beach. No lunch is included but there are opportunities to buy your own lunch or Bring your own
Wildlife Habitat & Lunch Option
Upgrade your day to include all the sites included as part of the Starter Pak plus explore all the amazing wildlife at the Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas, then treat yourself to an amazing lunch at Cape Tribulation Beach House right at the water’s edge where the rainforest and reef collide.
Highlights of your day in the Daintree
- Port Douglas:Take in the spectacular scenic coastal drive north of Cairns, before you enjoy free time in Port Douglas to soak up the village atmosphere.
- Wildlife Habitat: (optional upgrade) We visit the award-winning Wildlife Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and totally unique native animals. ** New optional activity is to get a photo holding a Koala. Ask your tour guide for details **
- Visit famous Mossman Gorge: Enjoy a guided rainforest walk and see the crystal-clear waters of the Mossman River cascade over spectacular boulder formations amongst the lush rainforest. National Park entrance fee included in tour price.
- Lunch – (optional upgrade) Only metres from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a chef-prepared lunch. Meal options include: steak, fish, chicken, kangaroo and vegetarian options.
- Cape Tribulation Beach: Kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”. Enjoy a leisurely walk and take in the picturesque views at this beautiful historic beach location.
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise: Our journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a one-hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in the natural habitat.
- Cable Ferry crossing across the ancient Daintree River
What to Bring
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Comfortable clothing & footwear
- Lunch/snacks (optional)
- Swimmers and a towel (optional)
It is a total value for money and loved every experience of the every trip.
The staff and every tour guides were very courteous and helpful.
Friendly staff, good service
The Daintree tour guide, Shane, was excellent.
This is a good package if you have limited time in Cairns, allowing you to see all the best bits of Cairns and the surrounding area has to offer. It delivered on all it promised. We were well looked after by knowledgeable and entertaining guides. This trip was enjoyed by 2 adults and 1 eight year old alike.
The best time I ever had. The staff were great and made sure you had a great time.
Staff on the Osprey were very helpful and caring. Made sure that everyone enjoyed the experience. Food was excellent and plentiful. Steve our driver/guide was very informative and funny,kept us all entertained.
Your Daintree Cape Tribulation 4WD Bloomfield Track day tour begins with being met by your friendly accredited guide at your accommodation Cairns CBD area from 6.50am – 7.15am, Northern Beaches from 7.20am and Port Douglas area from 8.20am