Kuranda Train & Skyrail | Wheelchair Accessible
Booking Request: Accessible tours simplifies the booking process for you, Book with confidence knowing that a human has reviewed your booking.
Experience the beauty of the World Heritage-listed rainforest on a return journey by Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
Kuranda Scenic Railway
The Kuranda Scenic Railway takes you on a scenic journey through the rainforest, past waterfalls, and the breathtaking Barron Gorge.
The train is wheelchair accessible, with an accessible carriage on every service. The accessible carriage has four spaces for wheelchairs or mobility scooters, and there is also an accessible toilet.
Staff members are available to assist with boarding and disembarking the train by setting up ramps and operating lifts, and there are tie-down straps in the accessible carriage to secure mobility devices.
- There is only 4 Wheelchair accessible spots on the accessible carriage. If you dont need wheelchair accessibility please let us know at the time of booking.
- The accessible carriage is located in Gold Class. Your fare doesn't include the Gold Class service but you can pay the extra for the upgrade, for you and anyone else who travels with you.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway offers a bird's-eye view of the rainforest canopy. The gondolas are wheelchair accessible, but there are some requirements:
- Width: Up to 630mm
- Length: Up to 950mm
- Wheelchairs should be tiltable (able to raise front wheels) for gondola loading
- The combined weight of the wheelchair and occupant should be manageable for operator-assisted loading
- Handles are necessary for easy lifting into the gondolas
- Staff members are available to assist with boarding and disembarking the gondolas, and there are ramps readily available throughout the Skyrail experience. Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are also available.
Tour Itinerary Example
- Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway at Freshwater Station
- Enjoy the scenic journey to Kuranda
- Arrive in Kuranda and explore the village
- Have lunch at one of the many restaurants in Kuranda
- Board the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Glide over the rainforest canopy on your way back to Freshwater Station
- The Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway are both wheelchair accessible.
- There are accessible toilets on both the train and at the Skyrail terminals.
- There is a shuttle bus that can transport you up the inclined hill in Kuranda.
- Skyrail supports the Sunflower Hidden Disability Lanyard.
- Book your tickets in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
- Arrive at the station at least 30 minutes before the train is scheduled to depart.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, and water, especially if you are traveling during the summer months.
- Enjoy the journey! The Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway are both unique and unforgettable experiences.
The information provided on this website is intended as a general guide to support those who want to plan their holidays independently. We cannot guarantee the suitability for specific individual needs, and encourage you to make contact with the operator before the date of your tour to discuss specific concerns.