Bruny Island Overnight Explorer
The Overnight experience allows you to explore Bruny Island at a slower pace. This package includes boutique accommodation, meals & activities. The Bruny Island Overnight Explorer commences every Tuesday & Saturday.
What makes it Great:
- Pick-up & drop-off from Hobart included
- Small Personalised Experience (max 20 participants)
- Meals included
- Boutique Accommodation
Check-in Point & Time
Hobart & surrounds accommodation transfers are included and commence at 6.20am. Please have your hotel name ready when booking to recieve your pick-up time.
Self-Drivers can also check-in at 7.30am at the Tasman Travel & Information Centre
16-20 Davey St, Hobart
We partner with Bruny Island escapes and offer carefully selected properties to ensure the property selected is suitable for your group.
Transfers from Hobart
Hotel transfers commence at 6.20am
Bruny Island Ferry
After a coffee & snack at the Bruny Island Gateway we take the ferry journey to Bruny Island, crossing the d’Entrecasteaux Channel, one of Tasmania's most popular waterways boasting 300 km’s of coastlines around the island and channel with 100s of sheltered bays for the sailors anchoring for a night away.
Mavista Falls or Optional Cruise
Mavista Falls walk into the Tree Fern forests. A very easy walk…. Or join add the optional extra Boat Cruise by Pennicott Wilderness Journeys.
Head over Mount Mangana to Lunawanna, through rainforests and experience amazing scenery across the island. Your guide will point out many of our Tasmanian Timber species and even taste some of our Tasmanian Pepper bushes if you are game.
Lunch at Bruny Island Premium Wines
Enjoy a late Lunch at Bruny Island Premium Wines. Enjoy selecting from an extensive menu with a focus on local produce, and a glass of wine of your choice. Join a wine tasting and select a bottle of Bruny Island Premium Wine to take back to your accommodation for the evening (1 bottle per couple).
South Bruny National Park
Visit the South Bruny National Park and Cape Bruny Lightstation, where you can enjoy optional walks of varying levels and join your very own private tour of the Cape Bruny Lighthouse perched above the pounding oceans and craggy coastlines of Southern Tasmania. This will be a late tour and almost bordering on sunset in the cooler months.
Dinner at Hotel Bruny
The evening meal is at Hotel Bruny, who are world renowned for providing a wonderful Seafood Chowder, Slow Cooked local lamb and many other hearty dishes. Wash this down with a Bruny Island Cider or local Beer… Try a few Island and Tasmanian Ciders.
Your Boutiqe Accommodation
Your guide will escort you to your boutique accommodation after dinner... We partner with Bruny Island Escapes and offer carefully selected properties to ensure all your needs are met. The property selected for you is dependent on your group size.
Enjoy your breakfast at a leisurely pace before your guide arrives to begin your second day exploring Bruny Island. Breakfast is supplied by us and prepared by you in your own kitchen. Depart by 9 am.
Morning Bushwalk Options
Bushwalk to either Grass Point (very easy 1-hour return - suitable for children) Or: 2.5 hours return to Fluted Cape (medium grade walk)
An extension of the Grass Point and Penguin Island walks. From Grass Point, the track climbs steeply to the summit of Fluted Cape (272m), passing the very high sea cliffs. This walk can be changed to suit your ability and should be discussed prior to the tour commencing….The Fluted Cape walk allows you to experience dry forests, whaling history and evidence still seen today. Views towards the Tasman Peninsula, towering sea-cliffs, and the opportunity to see Wedge Tailed and White Bellied Sea-Eagles soaring in the thermals. Please note that this walk should not be attempted by young children unless closely supervised. White Wallaby can be seen on this walk most days.
Visit the Chocolate Makers
On the way to lunch, visit the local chocolate makers and sample some of their products.
Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone
Then onto the Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone - Amazing views across Adventure Bay towards Fluted Cape, Tasman Peninsula and D’Entrecasteaux Channel. Pay respect to the original residents of Bruny Island, the Nuenonne People. The Nuenonne band occupied Bruny Island on a permanent basis and their total numbers are estimated to be some 70 people. The Nuenonne people called the island Lunawannalonna. This name is retained in the names of two settlements on South Bruny, Alonnah and Lunawanna, meaning land across the water.
Bruny Island Cheese
Visit the local cheese makers- Bruny Island Cheese Co. for lunch, settle in for a Cheese Platter and Wood Oven Pizza with tea or coffee or enjoy a locally brewed beer or cider to accompany your lunch.
Get Shucked Oyster Bar
Check out the Get Shucked Oyster Bar and sit down for a feed of freshly shucked oysters or cooked if you would prefer.
Bruny Island Honey
Enjoy a tasting of some of their delicious honey and mustard, even sample some of their natural skin care products made with honey.
End of Package
Catch the 4 pm Ferry and be delivered back to your accommodation in Hobart or the Airport.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot the Bruny Island Overnight Experience
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
- Lunch and Evening meals include 1 beverage and either: 1 entree and a main meal or 1 main meal and a dessert.
- The Itinerary is very flexible, meal times can be altered to suit the time of year. All walks are optional and adjustable to suit distance and fitness levels.
- Our guides that conduct this tour are as local and have an intimate knowledge and belonging to Bruny Island.
- Big4 Hobart Airport Tourist Park - 6:20am
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport - 6:20am
- Ramada Resort - 6:30am
- Barilla Holiday Park Cambridge - 6:42am
- Mornington Inn - 6:43am
- Discovery Park Mornington - 6:43am
- Graham Court Apartments - 6:46am
- Waterfront Lodge - 6:47am
- Mayfair Cavell - 6:47am
- Bay View Villas- 6:48am
- Hobart Tower Motel - 6:50am
- Rydges Hotel - 6:51am
- Queens Head Hotel - 6:52am
- Lodge on Elizabeth Street - 6:53am
- Tasmanian Inn - 6:54am
- Quest Trinity House - 6:57am
- Mantra Collins - 6:58am
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel - 6:58am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart - 6:59am
- Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre - 7:00am
- Mantra One - 7:01am
- Edinburgh Gallery Bed & Breakfast - 7:03am
- IBIS Styles - 7:04am
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart - 7:04am
- Europcar Hobart City - 7:05am
- St Davids Cathedral Bus Stop - 7:10am
- Ball and Chain Grill - 7:13am
- Salamanca Inn - 7:13am
- Prince of Wales Hotel - 7:14am
- St Ives Apartments - 7:16am
- Regent Park Apartments - 7:17am
- Bay Hotel Apartments - 7:17am
- Islington Hotel - 7:17am
- Mayfair Plaza Motel - 7:18am
- Clydesdale Manor - 7:18am
- Wrest Point Hotel Casino - 7:19am
- Amberley House Sandy Bay - 7:20am
- Motel 429 - 7:21am
- Kingston bus Exchange - Huntingfield - 7:35am
- Channel Museum Margate - 7:40am
- Snug Beach Cabin & Caravan Park - 7:40am
- Kettering 'The Oyster Cove Inn' - 7:45am
- Bruny Island Roberts Point - 8:45am
- Bruny Island Cheese Company - 9:00am
Bruny Island Safaris are one of Tasmania’s most dynamic food & sightseeing tour operators, employing local Bruny Islanders and Tasmanian’s successfully showcasing the island’s most pristine locations and food producers for eight years. We offer day tours, multi-day tours, bushwalking tours, private groups & charters, and the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tours. Achieving the Trip Advisor Hall of Fame award for excellence in 2018 and 2019. Recently voted top 10 Aussie Travellers most booked experience on Trip Advisor 2019.
Bruny Island is a 362-square-kilometre island located off the south-eastern coast of Tasmania.