2 Day Dolphin Kayak Tour & Surf Lesson from Rainbow Beach
Experience an ultimate epic adventure to Double Island Point, a stunning location that will take your breath away. This combo requires 2 separate tour days and is a fantastic way to spend your weekend or getaway!
Immerse yourself in the views and natural beauty of Australia’s Nature Coast on a guided kayak tour whilst experiencing a buzzing hub of wildlife including Bottlenose dolphins, Humpback whales, turtles, rays and more in this tropical aquatic paradise. This location features scenic views of the Rainbow Beach coloured sands, Fraser Island and pristine Honeymoon Bay.
What makes it Great?
- Experience a unique National Park kayak & surf adventure
- Spectacular headland buzzing with marine life including dolphins, whales, turtles & rays
- Learn about all the history, wildlife and conservation of the Great Sandy National Park
- Beginner friendly environment suitable for all abilities
- 4X4 Great Beach Drive experience
- Friendly local kayak guides
- Guided kayak & surf tour
- National Park entry fees
- Light snacks & refreshments
- Pictures on request
Departure times & locations:
- Please meet 15 minutes before departure at Epic Ocean Adventures, shop 1/6 Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach, Australia 4581
- Dolphin Kayak tours run around low tide each day and departure times do change to enable us to drive up the beach. Please contact us for specific day departure times. Please allow 3 hours for tour.
We get there along the beach by 4wd past the magical coloured sands and explore its beauty with a casual paddle around the spectacular headland. Large pods of dolphins, whales (20,000 passed up & back this year in season), turtles, manta rays, migrating birds, soldier crabs in their thousands are all frequent here.
Your day at a glance: (3 hours)
- Depart Rainbow Beach, Queensland by 4wd in Toyota Troopcarriers.
- Travel along the beach taking in the views & passing the stunning famous coloured sand cliffs & arrive at Double Island Point. This is a spectacular headland buzzing with marine life. A dolphin tour in the wild!
- Equipment set up life jackets, paddles & Double kayaks with safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Casual guided paddle out around to the top of the headland taking in the spectacular views.
- See local Bottlenose dolphin pods playing and feeding up close in the area.
- Whales on migration coming in for a rest or to check us out and put on a show.
- Many different turtles coming up for air around the point.
- Get a unique view of the Double Island Point Light house from the water.
- Time for a swim in the crystal clear warm waters of Double Island Point.
- Return trip along the beach back to Rainbow Beach.
Get the feel of what surfing is all about with a learn to surf at Australia’s safest beginner surf location with rides that go 100’s of meters long. Double Island Point offers crystal clear, warm waters and uncrowded waves that seem to go forever. The place is still one of Australia’s best kept secrets but not for long and its only accessible by 4wd. Get the chance to surf with dolphins that live here and guarantee stand up on your first surf lesson!
Your day at a glance: (3 hours)
- Depart Epic Ocean Adventures Rainbow Beach by 4wd Toyota Troopcarriers.
- Travel along the beach passing the stunning famous coloured sand cliffs & arrive at Double Island Point, home to Australia’ longest beginner waves and best surf lessons.
- Get set up with wetshirt/ wetsuit, sunscreen and warm up!
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- We teach you a really easy technique on the beach on how to safely use and carry your surfboard when in the water, how to stand up and how to catch the wave.
- Hit the water for some fun with surf lesson instructor helping you onto the waves every step of the way.
- Instructor gives you good feed back on what your doing right and where you can improve.
- Dont worry if you have never surfed before or your balance isn't excellent. This is fun for everyone of all ages! If you have had surf lessons before we will work with you closely to get your progression fast on a fun easy wave!
Things To Bring
- Water bottle
- Sun protection - hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Change of clothes
Travelling with children:
- Children must be 7 years of age or older and accompanied by a full-paying adult.
- Adult rates apply for all participants
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not suitable for people with back problems & Non-swimmers
- Prior to departure the staff must be informed of all health/medical conditions and these must be detailed when completing the participant declaration
- Please contact for daily departure time or confirmation will be sent out upon booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on 2 Day Dolphin Kayak Tour & Surf Lesson from Rainbow Beach. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Epic Ocean Adventures:
Epic Ocean Adventures is the leading kayak tour & learn to surf school company that offers a range of fun, professional, once in a life time experiences in a location that is the hidden gem of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Hidden within the Great Sandy National Park, Double Island Point is buzzing with wildlife with dolphins, whales, turtles, rays, soldier crabs, sea birds, many tropical fish all frequent. Epic Ocean Adventures offer half day and day packages, private bookings departing Noosa and Rainbow Beach daily. They can cater for any variations to tours to give new exciting experiences in a unique Australian experience.
This tour departs Rainbow Beach, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 2.5 hours north of Brisbane & just below Fraser Island. Meeting point is at our surf shop in Rainbow Beach.