Full Day Self-Guided Noosa Everglades Kayak Tour
Adventure through the diverse waterways of the Noosa Everglades, located within the heart of the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park during this 6-hour self-guided kayak tour. Witness native Australian animals in their natural habitat while immersing yourself in a gorgeous and remote environment. This is a well-supported tour with all of the assistance you need to become a confident kayaker.
What makes it Great?
- Explore at your own pace on a self-guided tour
- Devise your own itinerary: visit Harry’s Hut or Kin Kin Creek
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off from the Noosa area
- No experience necessary: maps and instruction provided
- Kayak and safety equipment
- Kayaking instructions
- Land mark orientation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Noosa Area
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
Departure times & locations:
- Departure Point: Cooloola Wilderness Trail, Como QLD 4571, Australia. We offer hotel pickup and drop-off from the Noosa area if if you do not have your own transport.
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point at 3.00 pm
Your day at a glance:
- We meet at Elanda Point in the National Park kayak launch site and we settle you into your kayak, showing you the map and teaching you all the basic skills for an enjoyable paddle across Lake Cootharaba to Kinaba.
- From here, you are free to explore where you want within the Noosa Everglades. Explore up the lesser-paddled waters of Kin Kin Creek or enjoy the company of the mighty Noosa River and weave in and out of the small islands which dot the northern reaches of Fig Tree Lake.
- Test your paddling stamina and head up to the iconic Harry’s Hut for a swim in the tea coloured waters, or perhaps you plan to use the kayak to get to a wilder bush walking track within the Cooloola Recreation Area. Your possibilities are endless!
Things To Bring
- Sun hat
- Rash vest/T-Shirt
- Board shorts/swimmers
- Shoes that can get wet
- Rain Jacket
- Change of clothes
- Insect repellent
- 50+ sunscreen
- Camera (and plastic zip lock bag)
- Water bottle (2 litres of water per person per day)
- Food for duration of tour
Travelling with children:
Children must be 4 years of age or older and accompanied by a full-paying adult.
We offer special rates for familes. Please check the booking for form for up to date family pricing.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
- A moderate fitness level is recommended to ensure a smooth and enjoyable kayaking experience
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Full-Day Self-Guided Noosa Everglades Kayak Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Kanu Kapers:
Kanu Kapers Australia is an adventure-based activity centre offering guided and self-guided kayak and canoe tours through the Noosa Everglades. We also offer white water canoe and kayak adventures for individuals and groups throughout Australia. We are based just north of Noosa in beautiful Boreen Point on the picturesque Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The area is renowned for its plant, animal and bird life as well as its spectacular scenery.