Rainbow Beach Learn to Surf | Australia's Longest Wave 4x4 Day Adventure
Learn to surf at Rainbow Beach on Australia’s longest wave. Our exclusive surf lesson adventure takes you to the amazing Double Island Point, on a thrilling National Park 4X4 beach trip to a super long wave location that on it's best days break for over 2 km's long.
You could be riding waves for 100’s of meters on your first learn to surf lesson. Learn to surf Rainbow Beach in waist deep water with friendly instructors that are highly experienced and fully qualified to get you surfing and having fun in a safe, uncrowded environment. We guarantee that you will stand up on your first learn to surf lesson!
What makes it Great?
- See Australia's best kept secret National Park location only accessible by 4WD vehicles
- Expert instruction with small group to surf instructor ratio's.
- Get the chance to surf with dolphins
- All equipment and full instruction provided: suitable for complete beginners
- 4X4 Great Beach Drive experience
- Equipment (specailised softboards, wetshirt/ wetsuit)
- Surf lesson with fully qualified surf instructor
- National Park entry fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Departure times & locations:
- This tour departs Rainbow Beach, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 2.5 hours north of Brisbane & just below Fraser Island.
- Please meet 15 minutes before departure at: Epic Ocean Adventures, Shop 1/6 Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach, Queensland, Australia 4581.
- Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach and for best surf conditions. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 3-3.5 hours from pick up to drop off.
Your day at a glance:
- Depart Epic Ocean Adventures Surf Shop Rainbow Beach in specialised 4WD vehicles.
- Experience a unique surf adventure with beach 4X4 to a remote & pristine National Park surf wave.
- Arrive at an untouched surf paradise, Double Island Point.
- Home to Australia’s longest waves.
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Fun surf lesson instruction by fully qualified, friendly surf instructors.
- Instructor assisted wave positioning & riding in the water.
- Individual instruction to suit each participants surfing level.
- Return trip along the beach by 4X4 back to Epic Ocean Adventures, Rainbow Beach.
Things to bring
- Water bottle
- Sun protection - hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Change of clothes
Travelling with children:
- Children must be 7 years of age or older and accompanied by a full-paying adult.
- Adult rates apply for all participants
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Prior to departure the staff must be informed of all health/medical conditions and these must be detailed when completing the participant declaration
- Please contact for daily departure time or confirmation will be sent out upon booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- 2 Day Rainbow Beach Learn to Surf is 2 x 3 hour lessons and requires 2 separate days to participate.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Rainbow Beach Learn to Surf | Australia's Longest Wave 4x4 Day Adventure. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Epic Ocean Adventures:
Epic Ocean Adventures is the leading kayak tour & learn to surf school company that offers a range of fun, professional, once in a life time experiences in a location that is the hidden gem of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Hidden within the Great Sandy National Park, Double Island Point is buzzing with wildlife with dolphins, whales, turtles, rays, soldier crabs, sea birds, many tropical fish all frequent. Epic Ocean Adventures offer half day and day packages, private bookings departing Noosa and Rainbow Beach daily. They can cater for any variations to tours to give new exciting experiences in a unique Australian experience.
This tour departs Rainbow Beach, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 2.5 hours north of Brisbane & just below Fraser Island. Meeting point is at our surf shop in Rainbow Beach.