Blue Mountains & Australian Wildlife with Scenic World Rides
Ride the steepest incline railway in the world down into a hidden valley. Glide out on the Cableway for panoramic views. Then ride the Skyway 270 metres above ancient ravines and dazzling waterfalls. Discover this wonderland of sandstone outcrops, deep ravines, pristine bushland and dramatic cliffs. Then, get up-close to Australian animals, including kangaroos and koalas, at a wildlife park.
What makes it Great:
- Discover the beauty of the Blue Mountains, its views and quaint, friendly atmosphere
- Learn about the history of the area
- Meet the locals at wildlife park
- Glide out on the Cableway for panoramic views
- Entry to a wildlife park
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Scenic World Rides Unlimited Discovery Pass
- Pickup and dropoff for selected Sydney hotels
Lunch: Enjoy a café lunch in the delightful mountain village of Leura. Relax with your fellow travellers as you take a break
Departure times & locations
- Departs: Daily. Departs Sydney city at 7.55am (earlier from pick-up points).
- Returns: Sydney, 6.00pm approximately
Your day at a glance:
• Climb into the mountains via the sleepy townships of Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth
• View the famous Three Sisters, a trio of rocky pinnacles, from a perfect vantage point. From here you’ll experience amazing views over the Jamison Valley
• Visit popular Scenic World. Ride the Scenic Railway, Cableway and Skyway, a great way to experience the steep valleys, cliff tops and canyons from different perspectives. Disembark the Scenic Railway at the bottom station to access the Scenic Walkway and stroll through 2.4 kilometres of Jurassic rainforest
• Stop in picturesque Leura at lunchtime. Grab a bite to eat at one of the many cafés or choose our optional lunch (see Optional Add-on)
• There’s time to explore Leura village, a delightful blend of quaint shops and galleries
• Follow the scenic Cliff Drive and enjoy breathtaking views of the Megalong Valley
• Travel through Katoomba, heart of the resort region within the Blue Mountains
• Encounter koalas, kangaroos, wombats and other native animals at a wildlife park
• Return to Sydney on the coach
Things To Bring
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Warm layers in cooler months
Fitness Requirements: Low level of fitness required.
Travelling with children
Children between the ages of 2-15 years will be applicable for child rates. Children under 2 years are considered infants and travel free of charge when seated on a parent or guardians lap. Child seats are unable to be used.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- The optional 2-course lunch in Leura can be added to your booking in the booking form (to 31 March 2020 only).
- Pensioner Fares apply to Australian and New Zealand Pension Card holders, Australian Senior Card holders, and full-time Australian Students.
- Non-English commentary language devices can be requested at no additional cost however may be subject to availability. Please enquire after your booking is confirmed.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot onBlue Mountains & Australian Wildlife with Scenic World Rides Tours from Sydney. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
Departs: Daily. Departs Sydney city at 7.55am (earlier from pick-up points).