2 Day Great Barrier Reef Reefsleep Experience
Experience the Great Barrier Reef for two days and one night. By day, enjoy all the activities on offer at Reefworld, a pontoon moored on one of the most spectacular areas of the Great Barrier Reef, including snorkeling, semi-sub rides and viewing parts of the world’s largest coral-reef system in an underwater chamber. Later, spend the night at Reefsleep—on the upper deck of the pontoon—to sleep under the stars, 40 nautical miles (74 km) from shore. Fall asleep under twinkling stars in a swag (tent). Round-trip transport and most meals are included.
What makes it Great:
- Overnight tour: watch the sunset over the Great Barrier Reef
- Plenty of free time to swim, snorkel, or scuba dive
- Accommodation and most meals included
- Round-trip boat transfers from Airlie Beach or Hamilton Island
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation in a swag
- Round-trip cruise
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Semi-submersible coral viewing with reef appreciation talk
- Underwater viewing chamber
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Optional activities including scuba diving, helicopter flights, massage (available to purchase on board)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Make the most of your day at the reef with these exciting optional activities.
SNORKEL SAFARI | A GUIDED SNORKELLING TOUR
Snorkelling is the easiest way to view coral reefs. Snorkelling and scuba diving are completely different activities though and one of the great things about snorkelling is that we can talk to you while we snorkel. Our snorkel tours are ideal for both first-time snorkellers – and experienced snorkellers who want to learn more about what they’re looking at out on the reef.
INTRODUCTORY DIVE | LEARN TO DIVE AT THE GREAT BARRIER REEF
There is no better place to experience the magic of your first scuba dive than at the outer Great Barrier Reef. Our fully certified PADI/SSI instructors will step you through all the training and escort you on your first amazing adventure. The minimum age is 12 years old for this activity.
CERTIFIED DIVE | DIVE AT THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS REEF
Experienced divers can enjoy spectacular dives at specially selected sites with a variety of coral formations that are teeming with marine life. All dives are escorted by our experienced crew, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
HELI-SCENIC FLIGHTS | FLY OVER FAMOUS HEART REEF
To truly appreciate the size, scope and beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, a scenic helicopter flight is a must do. You’ll be awed by the stunning beauty of the maze of reefs weaved together to form the Great Barrier Reef, and iconic Heart Reef is a sight to behold. Splash out and treat yourself to this adventure, you will not be disappointed.
Please note that bookings for heli-scenic flights are taken on board the vessel.
Departure times & locations
1: Airlie Beach | Departs 8:00 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
2: Hamilton Island | Departs 9:00 AM | Returns 5:00 PM
3: Daydream Island | Departs 7:50 AM | Returns 5:40 PM
NOTE: COACH TRANSFERS to Port of Airlie are available at an additional cost. Most Airlie accommodation is within walking distance to Port of Airlie. Coach transfers are however an option. Return times are when the vessel arrives back at island resort or mainland.
Your day at a glance
Your journey begins with a cruise to the outer reef through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands – keep an eye out for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September. Out on the reef, go swimming and snorkelling, ride in a semi-submarine and visit the underwater observatory – followed by a generous buffet lunch. Optional upgrades include guided snorkel safaris, scuba-diving and heli-scenic flights.
After the day-trippers head back to shore, the pontoon and the reef are exclusively yours. Enjoy a sunset drink before your evening meal is served on deck, featuring fresh and delicious local produce. Afterwards, head for the pontoon’s top level and slip into your cosy swag – it’s just you, the ocean and a galaxy of stars.
Dawn on the reef is peaceful and unhurried. There’s time for some more snorkelling after breakfast – the reef is all yours to enjoy – or return to the underwater observatory and watch the reef come to life. After lunch, your Cruise Whitsundays vessel returns you to the mainland. Your night on the reef may be over, but your Reefsleep memories will stay with you forever.
Travelling with children
CHILDREN must be 10 years and older to do Reefsleep. All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for their care.
Things To Bring
- Small overnight bag
- Change of clothes
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for cool or windy days
- Cash/credit card for drinks and optional activities (guided snorkelling safari, scuba diving, heli-scenic flights)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will be required to complete a medical and dietary requirement form that will be sent to you on confirmation of the booking
- Operates in all weather conditions. Swags can be zipped, are water-proof and can tolerate wet weather
- A history of certain medical conditions may preclude a guest from SCUBA diving unless a current Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the instructor.
- All intending divers over the age of 55 years of age must produce a current Diving Medical Certificate. All divers are subject to a medical questionnaire on board the vessel before diving and their fitness to dive will be assessed by a diving instructor
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on 2-Day Great Barrier Reef Reefsleep Experience. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Cruise Whitsundays
Award winning 'Cruise Whitsundays' is the Whitsundays largest and most experienced marine tourism operator offering a range of day cruises and Island Resort connections. Cruises visit the Great Barrier Reef , Whitehaven Beach and island resorts on Hamilton Island and Daydream Island. The multi-award winning Great Barrier Reefsleep overnight experience is one of Australia's most unique places to stay. 'Resort Connections' provide services between island resorts and the Whitsunday Coast and connecting the region's airports arrivals and departures.
1: Airlie Beach | Departs 8:00 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
2: Hamilton Island | Departs 7:50 AM | Returns 5:40 PM
3: Daydream Island | Departs 9:00 AM | Returns 5:00 PM