Reef and Island Scenic Flight from Airlie Beach
This signature scenic flight includes an amazing view of the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. Included is the iconic Heart Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet. Your pilot/guide will show you this stunning region, pointing out notable landmarks, as well as explain important moments in history. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
What makes it Great:
- Guaranteed window seats for stunning aerial views of the Great Barrier Reef
- Live on-board commentary ensures you don’t miss anything
- Multiple departures throughout the day: choose a time that suits you
- Hassle-free: hotel pickup and round-trip transfers from Airlie Beach
- 60 Minute Reef & Island Scenic Flight
- In-flight pilot commentary
- Guaranteed window seats
- Return transfers to the airport from GSL Passenger lounge in Airlie Beach
- Hotel courtesy bus pick-ups available from selected accommodation
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: 384 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach. We offer hotel pickup and drop-off from your Airlie Beach hotel and a short transfer to Whitsunday Airpor. Check-in is 1-hour and 5-minutes prior to the start of the tour.
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Food and drinks
Your day at a glance
- Begin your adventure with pickup from your Airlie Beach hotel and a short transfer to Whitsunday Airport.
- Arrive early for the flight briefing and to meet your pilot, then take your guaranteed window seat inside the high-wing aircraft and prepare for takeoff.
- Once airborne, soar over the Coral Sea, gazing out over the reefs, islands, and cays that make up the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Great Barrier Reef.
- Listen as your pilot points out memorable landmarks such as Hill Inlet, Heart Reef, and Whitehaven Beach, one of Australia’s most photographed beaches.
- From your lofty vantage point, you will have a dramatic bird’s-eye view as you glide over Daydream Island and swoop low over Shute Harbour.
- On the 1-hour flight, fly over the entire expanse of the Whitsunday Islands, including Hook Island, Hayman Island, Hamilton Island, and Whitsunday Island, as well as Hook Reef and Hardy Reef.
- When you touch down back at Whitsunday Airport, a driver awaits to take your back to your Airlie Beach hotel.
Travelling with chilren
- Children under 3 years old are considered infants and can travel free of charge on a paying adult's lap.
- Adult pricing applies on all flights for children over 3 years old.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that for security reasons the maximum weight per person is 125kg
- If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Reef and Island Scenic Flight from Airlie Beach. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
About GSL Aviation
GSL Aviation is your best value fixed wing operator in Airlie Beach. We offer a range of scenic flights over the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. GSL Aviation also offer island transfers and air charter. Our flights operate 7 days a week, with a courtesy bus available to/from hotels and town centre. Our practices over the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park have all been approved by the Marine Park Authority, and we continue to support the ongoing conservation of the reef, with our low impact tourism operations. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world, and once you see it from above, you'll certainly understand why. Our Aim is simple, and that is to give you the best possible experience of these amazing natural wonders.
GSL Aviation Airlie Beach
Check-in Point: GSL Passenger lounge in Airlie Beach.
384 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach.
We provide shuttle from GSL Whitsundays to Whitsundays Coast Airport in Proserpine.