Whitehaven Beach Heli Tour
Fly directly to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach with aerial views of the Whitsunday Islands on a 2-hour Whitehaven helicopter tour. Arriving on the beach in style, you’ll have 1.5 hours to enjoy this pristine beach, voted the best in Australia.
What makes it Great:
- Ideal for travelers who want to see Whitehaven Beach but don’t have time for a boat ride
- Be back in Airlie Beach after a few hours
- See the beautiful Whitsunday Islands from above
- Transfers to and from Airlie Beach are available at no additional cost
- Helicopter flight to Whitsunday Island
- 1.5 hours of beach time at Whitehaven Beach
- In-flight pilot commentary
- A beach blanket
- In-flight pilot commentary
- Guaranteed window seats
- A beach umbrella upon request
Food and drinks - order a gourmet platter to enjoy on the beach!
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: 384 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach. We provide ground transfer from GSL Whitsundays to Whitsundays Coast Airport in Proserpine.
- Departure time: 10:00 AM. Please check-in 1-hour and 5-minutes before the start of the tour.
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Your day at a glance
- Get an orientation tour of the Whitsundays Islands by helicopter on a 30 minute, scenic flight from Airlie Beach.
- Fly over some of the most stunning island scenery in Australia, and get aerial views of the 74 Whitsunday Islands en route to pristine Whitehaven Beach.
- Get an in-flight commentary from your pilot as you fly over landmark attractions, such as Hill Inlet, Shute Harbour, the Molle Islands, Long Island, Dent Island, Hamilton Island, Daydream Island and your ultimate destination, Whitehaven Beach.
- On landing, laze on the white sands of Whitehaven Beach and look out at the beautiful blue waters of the Coral Sea.
- Benefit from 1.5 hours to enjoy the sparklingly clean sands, and experience Australia's top-rated beach first hand.
- Journey back to Whitsunday Airport, where a courtesy bus can take you back to Airlie Beach on request.
Travelling with chilren
- Children under 3 years old are considered infants and can travel free of charge on a paying adult's lap.
- Adult pricing applies on all flights for children over 3 years old.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- *Minimum booking of 2 passengers
- All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking
- If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Whitehaven Beach Heli Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
About GSL Aviation
GSL Aviation is your best value fixed wing operator in Airlie Beach. We offer a range of scenic flights over the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. GSL Aviation also offer island transfers and air charter. Our flights operate 7 days a week, with a courtesy bus available to/from hotels and town centre. Our practices over the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park have all been approved by the Marine Park Authority, and we continue to support the ongoing conservation of the reef, with our low impact tourism operations. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world, and once you see it from above, you'll certainly understand why. Our Aim is simple, and that is to give you the best possible experience of these amazing natural wonders.
GSL Aviation Airlie Beach
Check-in Point: GSL Passenger lounge in Airlie Beach.
384 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach.
We provide shuttle from GSL Whitsundays to Whitsundays Coast Airport in Proserpine.