Whitehaven Beach & Daydream Island Day Trip
Combine a trip to a picturesque Whitsundays beach with an afternoon of relaxation and activities at a beachside resort on this luxurious full-day escape. Hop from Airlie Beach on the Queensland coast to the cool white sands of Whitehaven Beach, then to Daydream Island resort, on a large and luxurious catamaran: no cramped ferry rides on this day trip. With no rigid schedule for your activities, spend your time at each destination doing what you want to do, whether it’s swimming, sports or even a sandcastle-building competition.
What makes it Great:
- Saltwater and freshwater: swim in Daydream Island’s resort pools at no cost
- Two-course restaurant lunch provided free of charge at Daydream Island
- Learn about the Whitsundays – its history, nature and people – from your crew
- Great for family getaways: discounted rates for children aged 14 and under
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays, with up to 2 hours at the southern end of Whitehaven Beach
- Commentary from experienced crew
- Morning or Afternoon tea
- 2 Course Lunch at Ink Stone Restaurant
- Activities on Whitehaven Beach
- Protective stinger suits whilst at Whitehaven Beach
- Experience the Living Reef and Living Reef Centre
- Use of the resort areas and pools on Daydream Island
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Drinks and alcoholic beverage
Departure times & locations
Departure Point: Port of Airlie, Airlie Beach
Departs 07:15 AM | Returns 6:20 PM
Departure Point: Hamilton Island
Departs 08:30 AM | Returns 4:15 PM
Please note: COACH TRANSFERS to Port of Airlie are available at an additional cost. Return times are when the vessel arrives back at the mainland/island resort. Departure and return times are fixed. Schedule changes may occur.
Your day at a glance
- Your day begins with a cruise to Whitehaven Beach, where you can wander along the 7km shoreline – beachcombing, bushwalking and wading in warm, crystal-clear water.
- From here, cruise via Hamilton Island for a quick vessel change and onto Daydream Island, where you’ll enjoy a two-course lunch.
- The afternoon is yours to explore the island or relax by the pool.
- Make time to experience the Living Reef, one of the most unique attractions in Queensland, with a stop at the Living Reef Centre to learn more about tropical marine life.
Travelling with children
Children between the ages of 2-14 years will be applicable for child rates. Infants 0-3 years travel free of charge, however no infant meals are included. Guests must be able to show valid ID at check in to support their ticket type (i.e Senior or Child ticket).
We offer special rates for familes. Please check the booking for form for up to date family pricing.
Things To Bring
- Swimwear and beach towel
- Sunhat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Light jacket/sweater for a cool or windy day
- Cash/credit card
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Whitehaven Beach & Daydream Island Day Trip. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Cruise Whitsundays
Award winning 'Cruise Whitsundays' is the Whitsundays largest and most experienced marine tourism operator offering a range of day cruises and Island Resort connections. Cruises visit the Great Barrier Reef , Whitehaven Beach and island resorts on Hamilton Island and Daydream Island. The multi-award winning Great Barrier Reefsleep overnight experience is one of Australia's most unique places to stay. 'Resort Connections' provide services between island resorts and the Whitsunday Coast and connecting the region's airports arrivals and departures.
Departs Port of Airlie, Airlie Beach 07:15 AM | Returns 6:20 PM
Departs Hamilton Island 08:30 AM | Returns 4:15 PM