About Green Island Resort
Welcome to Green Island Resort
Green Island is located just off the coast from Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef. This ancient coral cay is home to over 120 species of native plants, colourful bird and marine life and beautiful coral gardens to explore.
With just 46 luxurious suites nestled amid lush rainforest and secluded from the day visitor facilities, one of the hallmarks of Green Island Resort is its unique reef and rainforest setting. Green Island is the only coral cay in the Great Barrier Reef with a rainforest.
One of the most eco-sensitive developments in the world, Green Island Resort passionately balances the needs of our guests and the protection of our World Heritage environment.
As a national park located within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Green Island has been a popular day visitor destination for generations with guests from around the world experiencing this unique World Heritage area every year. By night, experience the pure serenity of your own tropical island retreat.
At Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- Guest check-in counter
- Luggage check-in service
On Green Island
- 24 hour reception
- Private guest swimming pool
- Day visitor swimming pool
- Pool bar
- Restaurant bar
- Emeralds Restaurant
- Casual grill
- Resort Shop
- Dive Shop
- Guest laundry
- Laundry & valet service
- Private guest lounge equipped with board games, Playstation and a library of books, videos and daily newspapers
- Wake up calls
- Free wifi in guest rooms, Internet access in guest lounge
- Photographic service
- Some foreign languages spoken by staff
- Flat boardwalk access to reception, restaurant, pools and accommodation rooms
- Nature walks and easy accessibility to beach boardwalks
Green Island Resort Accommodation
Green Island Resort has two styles of accommodation; Reef Suites and Island Suites. Each is elegantly appointed and features private balconies with either rainforest or pool views.
With just 46 luxurious suites, privacy is assured in this tranquil setting. Retreat to your intimate haven nestled amid the lush rainforest and secluded from the day visitor facilities.
- 10 Reef Suites each with one king bed
- 17 Island Suites each with one king bed
- 19 Island Suites each with two double beds
- 18 of the Island Suites are Inter-connecting
- 1 of the Island Suites is equipped disabled facilities - Island Suite with 2 double beds
- 46 Rooms in total
Split level luxury suites of 66 square metres, large king size bed, spacious lounge area, separate bath and shower, and private balcony. Set in clusters under the rainforest canopy and adjoining central facilities.
Spacious guest room of 56 square metres, either double or twin rooms, some inter-connecting or adjoining. All rooms with separate bath and shower, and private balcony. Set in clusters under the rainforest canopy and adjoining central facilities.
- Remote control digital colour TV
- Free in-house movies
- Free wifi
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Direct dial ISD/STD telephones
- Message waiting system
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Complimentary tea & coffee making facilities
- 240v/110v electrical points (bathroom only)
- Private balcony with table & chairs
- Full length mirrors
- Writing/make-up desks with mirror (Reef Suites only)
- Slippers (Reef Suites only)
- Hairdryer & complimentary personal grooming items
- Shower & separate bath
- In-room safe
- Pool & beach towels (available from Reception)
- Iron & ironing board
- Rechargeable torch
Disabled Room Facilities
- 2 double beds
- Fold-up chair in shower
- Wider doorways and ramp to entry
- Rails in bath and toilet areas
- Located close to Reception and Restaurant
Green Island Resort Reviews
Kelly Delaney Stacy
Green Island Resort
Located on the Great Barrier Reef, Green Island is just 27km, a 45 minute boat ride from Cairns with Great Adventures high speed catamarans. These transfers are complimentary for house guests and are confirmed at the time of booking.
Boat Departure Times
From Cairns: 0830, 1030, 1300 or 1530
From Green Island: 0915*, 1200, 1430 or 1630
* Turnaround vessel, departure times may vary.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Temporary change to boat transfers due to COVID. Transfers between Cairns and Green Island currently available Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Great Adventures departs Cairns at 8:30am and Green Island at 2:30pm on the above days. Additional transfer times may be available, please enquire on booking.
Optional transfers include the following
Coach transfers from most hotels and resorts in Cairns, the Northern Beaches and Port Douglas
Limousine transfers from Cairns International Airport
Helicopter transfers from Cairns or Cairns International Airport.
Direct Contact Info
Hours: Please call for opening hours
Boarding Reef Fleet Terminal
Great Adventures Green Island Resort Counter