About Daintree Secrets Rainforest Sanctuary
A Private Paradise Amidst the Daintree Rainforest Flora And Fauna
The Only Home in the Daintree/ Cape Tribulation Area With Your Own Natural Swimming Hole & Waterfalls Right Off Your Verandah.
Daintree Secrets is your own private waterfall sanctuary set in the heart of the beautiful Daintree Rainforest, the oldest rainforest in the world! Only two hours scenic drive from Cairns, this secluded property captures the true essence of this spectacular wilderness.
Daintree Secrets is uniquely situated over Little Cooper Creek with a series of waterfalls and large natural swimming hole right off your verandah. Set on four acres, this private sanctuary is powered by our own hydroelectric system, ensuring your carbon footprint is minimal whilst enjoying your stay in the middle of the oldest rainforest in the world. Centrally located in the Daintree / Cape Tribulation area, it is the perfect base to explore all the region has to offer.
To ensure you make the most of your stay, we recommend a minimum of 3 nights stay so you can really relax and enjoy your own private waterfall sanctuary and explore all that this area has to offer. All our guests tell us that their stay just wasn’t long enough. To ensure yours is, we would like to offer you a FOURTH NIGHT FREE OF CHARGE!
We look forward to sharing our beautiful and unique piece of paradise with you.
Daintree holiday home is an open plan pole home with views from all rooms of the rainforest and the stream. Size: 215 m².
With large, screened windows and doors, the house can remain open to capture the breeze and sounds of the waterfalls and the Daintree rainforest.
- Fans throughout keep the house cool.
- A large indoor day bed for those lazy afternoon naps.
- Basic indoor dining area. Most people prefer to dine on the verandah with the views.
- A variety of board games, puzzles, books, DVDs, CD's are provided for your enjoyment.
- We also provide a natural bamboo speaker, which will amplify music saved on your smart-phone beautifully.
- There is no internet access or mobile phone range - part of the beauty of Daintree Secrets. You can truly "unplug" and relax.
- A phone is provided so you can make local calls to book tours and dinners etc. You can receive calls. The number will be provided to you on booking.
- Convenient parking on a large flat area beside the house.
- Laundry facilities available.
- Baby sitting and a massage by the pool can be arranged for you with prior notice.
- There are three bedrooms. The main bedroom is on the top floor and has a luxury king size bed purchased from the Starwood group of hotels, built in robes and and bathroom. Views out to the rainforest.
- The second bedroom has the same king size bed and drawers for storage, with views over the rainforest.
- The third bedroom is on the ground floor and has two single beds and a rollaway bed for an extra child. It also features built in robes The main bathroom is situated beside this bedroom.
- A cot is available on request.
- All rooms have ceiling fans and are lovely and cool at night.
- All linen is provided, including beach towels for swimming in our lovely natural swimming hole.
- Daintree Secrets Rainforest Sanctuary is a stunning scenic 2 hour drive north of Cairns. You will need to hire a car from Cairns airport. You do not need a 4 wheel drive, any small car would be suitable.
- Once you leave the airport, you will turn right onto the Captain Cook Highway and drive north along this road for approximately one and a half hours. The drive takes you past fields of sugar cane and over cane tram lines. The road hugs the coastline for many kilometres with beautiful views of the Coral Sea. On your left, you have the majestic mountains of the Atherton Tablelands.
- If you have plenty of time, you may decide to turn off and explore Port Douglas on your way.
- 10 minutes north of the Port Douglas turn-off, you will pass through Mossman. This is your best opportunity to buy supplies, There is a large Woolworths and other convenience stores.
- Leaving Mossman you will veer to the left under the magnificent Raintrees. Here the Captain Cook Highway turns into the Mossman-Daintree Road. You will follow this for a further 20 minutes until you come to a 'T' intersection with a road to your right sign-posted "Daintree Ferry". Take this right turn and drive to the ferry terminal.
- The Daintree Ferry runs continuously every day of the year from 6am to midnight. This scenic trip takes only 10 minutes. You simply drive your car on and stay in the car for the short journey enjoying the incredible views and drive your car off.
- Now you are in the rainforest. The drive takes you up over Alexandra Range with it's scenic lookout over the Daintree River mouth, Low Isles and Cape Kimberley. This is the best mobile range you will have access to whilst in the Daintree.
- Continue past the lookout through the beautiful rainforest with spectacular views and waterfalls along the tree-fern lined road.
- After approximately 20 minutes you will pass the Daintree Rainforest Village shop, continue for another 5 minutes or so past Lync Haven resort and Cafe and you will see sign posts for Heritage Lodge. You will come to a large sign for the Butterfly and Bug Museum, take this left turn into Turpentine Road.
- Follow this to the end and turn left onto Stonewood Road. Follow this to the end. On the left you will see the sign for Daintree Secrets. Take this driveway and keep to the left at the Y intersection. You will come to a large flat area where you will see the house and hear the waterfalls
Daintree Secrets Rainforest Sanctuary Reviews
How to get to Daintree Secrets Rainforest Sanctuary
By Road: To get here from Cairns, take the Captain Cook Highway North from Cairns which is the only main highway. Follow the signs to Mossman - it's a direct drive. Once in Mossman, drive through the town and you will see a road veering to the left which says " Daintree Township/ Daintree River Ferry". Veer left and follow the road for approximately 25km. At this point you will take a right turn at the sign "Daintree River Ferry/ Cape Tribulation". Follow this road to the ferry and cross the river by ferry. Once across the ferry, turn off at Turpentine Road which is on the left about 20km over the ferry. You will pass Heritage Lodge which is on your right. You will then come to Stonewood Road which veers to the left and right. Take the road to your left and follow it right to the end. There is a large "Daintree Secrets" sign which marks the entrance to our property. The drive is approximately 2 hours in total and is all on well signed, good quality sealed roads.
Direct Contact Info
Hours: 9am - 7pm