About Taste of Tasmania
Hobart tours & travel
To many, Hobart comes as a surprise. Australia’s southernmost city it may be, but conditions here are far from dark, drizzly and wanting for amusement. Hobart receives more sunshine than Melbourne and less rainfall than every capital city bar one. Plus when it comes to things to see, do and eat, this harbour-side city is your oyster.
Or abalone, really. Tasmania provides more than 25% of the world’s supply and the Bart’s the freshest place to tuck into them (plus lobster, mussels, oysters, salmon, trout, scallops… you get the picture). Not into seafood? Try the chardonnays, pastries, cheeses or a locally-produced whisky voted the world’s best in 2014. If art’s your thing, don’t go past MONA. If history is, potter along Salamanca Place to Battery Point or check out the Maritime Museum of Tasmania. For some biking or hiking, head to Mt. Wellington. For beauty rich and rare, cruise over to Bruny Island. You really can’t make a wrong move in the Tasmanian capital.
Taste of Tasmania - 6 Days
Get under the surface of Tasmania as you explore its diverse landscape - beaches, parks, forests and mountains.
On the Australian travel scene, lil' old Tassie is a right up-and-comer. Pristine wilderness, exceptional hiking, jaw-droppingly beautiful beaches, superb dining – there's plenty to like. And this trip, starting and finishing in Hobart, does a pretty good job of seeing it all. Take in the various attractions of Hobart, enter the Gondwanan-like wilderness of Tarkine, get your hike on in Cradle Mountain and watch Little Penguins waddle ashore at Bicheno.
- Start: Hobart, Australia
- Finish: Hobart, Australia
- Destinations: Tasmania
- Theme: Short Breaks
- Code: PNTW6-O
- Ages: Min 15
- Group size: Min 1, Max 24
- Day 1: Hobart - Central Plateau
- Day 2: Tarkine Region
- Day 3: Cradle Mountain - Launceston
- Day 4: Bicheno
- Day 5: Freycinet National Park
- Day 6: Maria Island - Hobart
Why you'll love this trip
- As well as visiting key attractions such as Wineglass Bay and the Bay of Fires, this pioneering trip takes you to parts of Tassie that are more off the beaten track
- Your guide will provide information about the flora, fauna and landscapes of Tasmania, giving you an insight into some of the country's World Heritage listed areas
- Trek along multiple walking trails through spectacular Cradle Mountain National Park
- Visit stunning Maria Island, a National Park in its entirety
- Tasmania is known world wide for excellent quality food and wine, wonderful landscapes and pristine wilderness.
Is this trip right for you?
- The majority of meals are not included on this trip. However, this allows you the freedom to style your own foodie tour of Tasmania, sampling the local produce in the different regions of the island.
- Temperatures can fluctuate in Tasmania. It's important to prepare – pack suitable clothing for hot, cold, dry and wet weather, just in case.
- The accommodation on this trip is twin-share; a single supplement is available as an optional extra. Please speak to your travel provider.
Taste of Tasmania Reviews
Taste of Tasmania
Tour departs from Hobart Central YHA (9 Argyle Street) Hobart at 08:00am sharp. Tour finishes in Central Hobart Accommodation (Day 6) at approximately 6 pm. Onward travel should be booked for the following day.