About Canyoning in the Blue Mountains
Canyoning in the Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains has over 900 amazing slot canyons. Our canyons are deep and narrow, carved over millions of years by rivers cutting through the sandstone plateau.
High and Wild canyoning adventures involve swimming, jumping into pristine pools of water, abseiling through waterfalls and stunning bushwalks. Think of them as a water park for adults! We have canyons to suit all levels of experience and fitness.
Summer canyoning runs from September until April. We supply wetsuits, waterproof backpacks, waterproof cameras and all the technical gear required to safely descend the canyon. From May until August we run our winter canyons. These involve all of the adventure and excitement of the summer canyons without getting wet.
Our full-day canyoning adventures all include our famous gourmet lunch.
Full Day Canyoning Tours in Blue Mountains
Full Day Serendipity Canyoning
Serendipity means an unexpected pleasant discovery – a good description of this beautiful Mt Wilson canyon. High and Wild canyoning adventures involve swimming, jumping into pristine pools of water, abseiling through waterfalls and stunning bushwalks.
Full Day Abseiling & Canyoning Empress Canyon
A fantastic abseiling/canyon combination, one of the Blue Mountains' best! The first half of the day is spent abseiling, beginning with small cliffs and building up to those more challenging ones. After an included lunch walk to the start of the canyon, wade into a creek, and jump into a rock pool. After some exhilarating water jumps and swims, abseil out of the canyon and into the rock pool below.
Full Day Whungee Whengee Canyoning
Another gem among Blue Mountains canyons. Deep, dark and mysterious, Whungee Wheengee is without a doubt one of the very best canyons you'll find anywhere. There are abseils, glowworm lit tunnel swims, rock scrambling, water jumps and duckunders.
Full Day Butter Box Canyoning
Get A Shot of Adrenalin With This Full Day Canyoning in The Beautiful Blue Mountains. Butterbox Canyon is one of the great adventure challenges of the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
What makes it Great:
- A canyon adventure in a stunning setting and breathtaking views
- National park fees, all technical equipment and instruction provided included for a hassle-free experience
- Small-group tour ensures a more personal experience
- National Park fees
- Nationally qualified and highly experienced instructors
- All technical equipment and instruction (abseil gear, wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes, harnesses, helmets and ropes)
- A waterproof camera
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point around 5 PM
Things To Bring
Dress for the weather, wear running or hiking shoes and bring water and camera. For Canyoning bring running shoes to get wet, swimsuit and waterproof camera. If you don’t have one we supply a waterproof camera free of charge. We also have helmets fitted with Go Pro mounts.
Travelling with children
Not recommended for child aged 14 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Serendipity Canyon - Blue Mountains. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About High and Wild Blue Mountains Adventures
High and Wild has been leading the way in Blue Mountains adventure tours since 1989. We are fully insured and licensed by National Parks and Blue Mountains City Council. We are a group of skilled and passionate outdoor adventurers. Our aim is to provide people from all parts of the world and all walks of life an opportunity to experience the beauty and wonder of the Blue Mountains.
Canyoning in the Blue Mountains Reviews
Canyoning in the Blue Mountains
Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.