60-minute Reef and Port Douglas Scenic Flight from Cairns
See the best of the Great Barrier Reef from above on this signature 1-hour flight in our high wing aircraft that includes bird’s-eye views of Green Island and the Daintree Rainforest, a World Heritage site. Take in the area's amazing contrast of colors as you fly over offshore sights and then head to Port Douglas. Returning to Cairns, you’ll follow the mainland coast and pass by Palm Cove. Select a morning or afternoon departure time when booking.
What makes it Great:
- Spectacular views of the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef
- Guaranteed window seat for unobstructed aerial views
- Live commentary from your pilot ensures you don’t miss anything
- Convenient hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns city centre area only
- Guaranteed window seat
- In-flight commentary
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: GSL Aviation, 83 Royal Flying Doctor St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia. We offer hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns city centre area. Pickup will commence 45-minutes to 1-hour prior to start time.
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Food and drinks
Your day at a glance
- Your tour begins with pickup from your Cairns hotel and a short transfer to Cairns Airport, where you’ll board a fixed-wing aircraft.
- From your window seat, enjoy spectacular aerial views as you take off over Cairns and head north along the coast to Port Douglas.
- Fly inland over the lush landscapes of the Daintree Rainforest and then swoop low over the islands and cays of the Great Barrier Reef, looking out for turtles, sharks, and stingrays in the crystal-clear waters below.
- Listen as your pilot points out notable sights and landmarks, including Green Island, Double Island, and Palm Cove, and fly over the Arlington Reef, Upolu Reef, Batt Reef, and Tongue Reef.
- As you land back at Cairns Airport, a driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
Travelling with chilren
- Children under 3 years old are considered infants and can travel free of charge on a paying adult's lap.
- Adult pricing applies on all flights for children over 3 years old.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on 60-minute Reef and Port Douglas Scenic Flight from Cairns. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
About GSL Aviation
GSL Aviation are your best value operators for Cairns scenic flights. Our scenic flights and tours have been designed for the best viewing of the Reef and surrounding Daintree area, and our procedures and practices have been refined through years of experience in tourism operations. Our practices over the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park have all been approved by the Marine Park Authority, and we continue to support the ongoing conservation of the reef, with our low impact tourism operations. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world, and once you see it from above, you'll certainly understand why. Our Aim is simple, and that is to give you the best possible experience of these amazing natural wonders.
Departure Point: GSL Aviation, 83 Royal Flying Doctor St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia. We offer hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns city centre area. Pickup will commence 45-minutes to 1-hour prior to start time.