Divers Den - Underwater adventures - Scuba Kids deal
Trying scuba diving for the first time is safe and fun with our exciting PADI endorsed program just for kids!
Suitable for any kid who’s aged 8-11 years & comfortable in the water.
In this half-day program held at our state of the art dive centre in Cairns, children will learn the basics of scuba diving and try it for themselves.
After a quick training session on land, they’ll be fitted with kid-size scuba equipment, hop into our heated dive pool and try breathing underwater for the first time.
No previous experience required! This PADI ‘Bubblemaker’ program is suitable for any kid who’s aged 8-11 years and comfortable in the water.
Daily Sessions Available
from 9am - 12pm OR 1pm - 4pm
During their dive experience, kids will:
- Learn how scuba diving equipment works and how to use it safely
- Try scuba diving in the shallow end of our pool, supervised by our professional PADI instructors
- Snorkel, swim and try our underwater scooters
- Learn about the Great Barrier Reef and the wildlife you can see there
- Play underwater games and have lots of fun!
Our photographers will be there to capture the moment as your child scuba dives for the first time. At the end of the course children will receive an official certificate of participation from PADI, as well as photos from their underwater adventure.
We want to make scuba diving an enjoyable and safe experience for everyone. Here’s how we’ll keep kids safe during our Scuba Kids sessions:
- Small group sizes with dedicated dive instructor
- Students will stay in the shallow end of our pool throughout the course (maximum depth 2m)
- All staff are blue card holders (cleared by the Queensland Government to work with children)
- We encourage parents to stay and watch the session
- We have a COVID Safe plan in place and are following government safety guidelines
- All equipment is correctly sized and thoroughly cleaned between uses
What to Bring
Towel & swimmers - we supply the rest!