Half Day Whale Watching Cruise from Surfers Paradise
Go in search of humpback whales on a whale-watching cruise off the shores of the Gold Coast. Onboard a custom-built boat with three viewing decks, enjoy uninterrupted views of the Pacific and listen to commentary about the whales and their ocean environment from a marine naturalist guide. Plus, float along the Spit to admire waterside homes. Small group sizes, guaranteeing rail side position. Select a departure time when booking.
What makes it Great:
- 100% guarantee of whale sightings, or receive a free return cruise
- 360º Unobstructed View
- Listen to interesting commentary from a marine naturalist
- Enjoy tea, coffee, and biscuits on board
- Glide past luxurious homes along the Gold Coast canals
- Small group sizes, guaranteed rail side position
- Commentary by a marine naturalist
- Coffee and biscuits
- River Cruise between the Spit and Surfers Paradise
Hotel pickup and drop-off.
Departure times & locations
Whale Watching Cruises are 3 hours in duration and depart at 7am, 8.30am, 10.30am, 12.30pm and 2:30 pm. Our check-in terminal is located right in the heart of Surfer’s Paradise, on the Cnr of Ferny Avenue and Cavill Avenue. Our boats, Mahi Mahi and Kiala, also depart from here.
Please arrive twenty minutes before the tour departs, so we can check you in and board on time.
Your day at a glance
- Check-In opens for Whale Watching Cruise (please arrive at least 20mins before departure)
- Souvenir photos taken
- Morning tea, coffee & biscuits is served
- Relax and select your seating
- Whale Watching cruise boarding
- Crew introduction and tour briefing
Whale Watching cruise departure
8:35am – 9:10am
- Gold Coast waterways cruise with commentary of the Gold Coast history / rich and famous
- Morning tea, coffee and biscuits continues to be served
9:10am – 11:10am
- Whale Watching cruise enters Humpback whale sighting grounds
- Guests are taught how to find whales, dolphins etc…
- Whale Watching begins
- Expert Whale Watching commentary
- Tea, coffee and biscuits bar closes
11:10am – 11:45am
- Calm water cruise back to Surfers Paradise
- Tea and coffee bar reopens
- Photos from the cruise are printed at the onboard photo studio
- Photo opportunity for passengers driving the vessel (subject to day’s conditions)
Vessel returns back to Surfers Paradise
Travelling with children
Child ticket: Age 3-14. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Not recommended for children 3 years and under.
We offer special rates for familes. Please check the booking for form for up to date family pricing.
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Flat shoes
- Sea sickness remedy if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travellers
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Half Day Whale Watching Cruise from Surfers Paradise. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Whales In Paradise
Whales in Paradise was the Gold Coast’s first whale watching tour operator and we pride ourselves on being pioneers in the local industry. We keep our tour groups to an optimal size, ensuring all of our passengers enjoy prime visibility and proximity to whales, dolphins, and the many other kinds of marine life we encounter. At Whales in Paradise, we don’t just offer a tour – but an experience! With friendly and professional staff and the most up-close-and-personal viewing decks on the Gold Coast & Brisbane, we guarantee you will enjoy an incredible day of whale watching with us.