5 of Hobart's Best Full Day Tour | Shore Excursion
Jump onboard to experience 5 of Hobart's must sees in one day at an affordable price without feeling rushed. This tour covers Hobart's most popular attractions including; Salamanca Market (Saturday only), Mt Wellington (Kunanyi), city highlights (covering all the important sites in and around the city), Richmond (a quaint little township rich in convict history), Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary (hand feeding Kangaroos and meeting unique Australian wildlife) and MONA museum (known for its quirky, strange and amazing art).
What makes it Great:
- Covers the major tourist attractions around Hobart
- Small & personalised tour (maximum of 20 people)
- Get up close to Australian wildlife in Tasmania
- Enjoy convenient pickup and drop-off from port
- Pickup and drop-off from the terminal
- Guided bus tour
- Driver & Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Entry fees to Bonorong ($26pp) or Mona ($28pp). $22pp if you want to do both.
- Lunch and drinks
Departure times & locations
Tour departs at 9am. We pick you up at the Hobart - Mac 2 Cruise ship terminal. Meeting point is situated 150m from the terminal situated on corner of Franklin Wharf and Hunter st. Please make your way to the Information desk inside the terminal where you will see your guide with a sign saying Tassie Tours. Check in opens 30 minutes prior to departure of the tour. Drop off to the terminal or if time permits drop off in the city is also an option.
Your day at a glance:
- Stop at: Mt Wellington | Duration: 30 minutes
Breathe in the famous pristine Tasmanian air as we drive up the 1272m to the pinnacle where you will be greeted by the very best view of Hobart and surrounds. Perfect for Instagram selfie!
- Stop At: Salamanca Market | 1 hour 30 minutes (Saturdays only)
This world class market offers the best of Tassie culture - art, produce, buskers, souvenirs, beverages and much more!
- Stop At: Richmond Bridge | 45 minutes
An iconic township rich in convict history, sandstone and colonial buildings and home to Australia’s oldest bridge and Catholic Church.
- Stop at: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary | Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
You can hand feed kangaroos and get up close and personal with all the unique Tasmanian and Australian wildlife, including the famous Tasmanian Devil - an absolute highlight (even for a local!). Entry cost $26.00pp
- Stop At: MONA Museum | 1 hour 30 minutes
The largest privately owned museum in the southern hemisphere! Known and loved for its quirky and strange art, this museum also offers restaurants and bars that showcase their local wine and Tasmanian produce. Enjoy wandering around this amazing world renowned museum of old and new art. Entry cost $28.00pp
Please note: Your ship must be in at the port for a minimum of 8 hours for you to be able to visit both MONA Museum & Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, otherwise you can select your preferred of the two. If you choose to visit one out of the two attractions, the tour duration will be 6-6.5 hours. If you choose to visit both attractions, the tour duration will be 8 hours.
Things To Bring
- Wear activewear & comfortable shoes.
- Pack your thongs, hat, sunnies, sunscreen, a bottle of water and some snacks.
- It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 4
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Salamanca Market on Saturday's only.
- If the Weather is poor and cloud/snow has covered Mt Wellington, Rosny lookout or Mt Nelson will be it's substitute.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on 5 of Hobart's Best Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking. Present this message on your mobile device to check in.
About Tassie Tours
Welcome to Tassie Tours, where adventure is everywhere you look. Tassie Tours offers a range of exciting discounted day tours in Tasmania to choose from. See Australia's best kept secret and hear the many stories that have made this island so very desirable. We pride ourselves on selling fun, which you are sure to experience onboard Tassie Tours Tasmania.
Tour departs at 9am. We pick you up at the Hobart - Mac 2 Cruise ship terminal. Meeting point is situated 150m from the terminal situated on corner of Franklin Wharf and Hunter st.