Personalised Maria Island Day Tour from Hobart
Small personalised tour with minimum of 3 guests. Explore UNESCO-listed Maria Island on on a full-day tour from Hobart. Be amazed at the abundant wildlife enjoying life on their amazing island & take in all the stunning secluded bays and beaches in this paradise setting.
Maria Island is a enchanting setting like no other – home to sweeping mountain peaks, the majestic Painted Cliffs, gorgeous white sandy beaches, and breathtaking forests alive with birdlife, Kangaroos, wombats & more!
What makes it Great:
- Small & personalised tour
- Hobart Transfers Included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Opportunity to see wildlife like fur seals, albatross, Wombats or even Tassie Devils
- Pick-up & drop-off around the Hobart CBD
- Live tour commentary
- Ferry to Maria Island
- Entry to Maria Island National Park
- Water bottles
Please bring your own lunch and drinks in a day pack for this tour. There are no shops on the island.
Departure times & locations
We can pick you up and drop you off to your hotel or your chosen location in central Hobart. Please enter your pick-up point in the fom when booking.
If you are not sure where you are staying we can organise your pick-up time closer to the date.
Your day at a glance:
- We will journey up the east coast of Tasmania to the small town of Triabunna.
- We will then board the Maria Island ferry and cruise across the Mercury Passage to the main settlement of Darlington.
- Darlington is a non-functional historic town from the convict era / industrial era of Maria Island a fascinating history. This town only has restroom facilities, a ranger station and push bike hire services available. There are no services or shops on Maria Island.
- After visiting Darlington we will continue on to our day walk to your chosen part of the Island.
- There are two options available for day walks:
- Option One: North of Darlington, The Fossil Cliffs & Reservoir Tracks. The Fossil Cliffs offer views of the impressive sea cliffs, the reservoir track is a lovely walk through Maria’s lush bushlands.
- Option Two: South of Darlington, which is a walk down to the stunning Painted Cliffs and back via the inland track.
- Maria Island is filled with wildlife freely walking around, you may encounter a Wombat or even a Tassie Devil. This experience is ideal for active adventurous nature & animal loving enthusiasts.
Things to bring:
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Pack hat/beanie, sunnies, sunscreen, a bottle of water and some snacks.
- Warm clothing, rain jacket
- It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
- Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Maria Island Day Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Heart of Tasmania
Heart of Tasmania Tours is based in Hobart & offers personalised tours of Tasmania, including private tours of Hobart, guided tours around Tasmania, food and wine trails Tasmania and more. They have completed over 18,000 trips taking tourists and local residents throughout Tasmania. When it comes to knowing who, what, where and when things are happening in Tassie, you really can’t beat them!
Heart of Tasmania Tours with a vision to provide you a truly authentic personalised touring experience across Hobart and greater Tasmania. A touring experience where you decide!
We can pick you up and drop you off to your hotel or your chosen location in central Hobart.