Billy Tea Safaris is a locally owned operator, which operates small personalised tours to Cape Tribulation. Your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure you day will be a memory of a life time.
Why we like it?
- Custom built air-con Safari vehicle
- Exotic fruit & Billy Tea
- Passionate knowledgeable guides
- Freshly cooked lunch
- Small Personalised tours - maximum 14 guests
- Exclusive freshwater swim at Emmagen Creek
- Exclusive tour 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Cairns from 7am and returns 6:30pm
- Northern Beaches from 7:20am and returns 6:00pm
- Port Douglas from 8:20am and returns 5:30pm
Your tour includes
- Environmentalist driver / guide
- Courtesy hotel pick-up and return
- Scenic coastal drive
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise and morning tea
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Guided National Park elevated boardwalk tour
- Hand feed kangaroos
- Tropical BBQ lunch (please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Walk on Cape Tribulation beach or Botanical Boardwalk (swimming is allowed seasonally)
Drive north along the scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coast line and Coral Sea.
Stop at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea before enjoying a guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife.
Ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest on one of the guided elevated Boardwalks.
Travel onto Lync Haven animal refuge where you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo and get up close to some of Australia’s wildlife. Enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in a beautiful rainforest setting restaurant.
Travel through spectacular Rainforest as you pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to Emmagen Creek. Time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear freshwaters.
Visit Cape Tribulation Beach . Stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'
Time permitting stop at the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalized with exotic tropical fruit home-made ice cream. Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Soursop, and Coconut just to name a few. (Additional cost)
After a short afternoon refreshment stop, cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey.
This tour runs in reverse occasionally.
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing & footwear
- Water bottle
- Swimmers & towel
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Money for Ice cream (Subject to time)
Billy Tea | Daintree & Bloomfield Track