The half day White Water Rafting experience with Raging Thunder is on the Barron River and includes approximately 2 hours of Rafting.
The Barron River is perfect for anyone who has never tried White Water Rafting or those looking for an afternoon of fun. Your guide will take you on an eco-adventure through the Barron Gorge National Park aboard your 8 person inflatable raft, tackling grade 2 and 3 rapids including the infamous Rooster Tail, where an action photo will be taken.
Plus you’ll get a chance to try raft surfing (dependent on water levels) and to cool off with a swim in Lake Placid.
The rescue 3 trained guides will give you all the tuition needed for this exciting afternoon rafting! No experience is necessary, in fact most people who book this tour have never been rafting before. Your guide will give you comprehensive safety instructions and the world's best Rafts are used.
- Return hotel transfers from Port Douglas at 10am with free time in Cairns, return approx. 6:15pm
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 2:00pm, returns approx. 6:00pm
- For a self-drive, meet the group at the Lake Placid Car Park at 2:30pm. Allow 1 Hour drive from Port Douglas
- 2 hours of white water rafting
- Guaranteed water levels all year round on the power station controlled waters of the river
- All tuition - no experience necessary
- Accommodation transfers (except for Self Drive)
- Complimentary tea & coffee at the end of your rafting trip
What to Bring
- Secure footwear that won't fall off your feet (you can also hire some on the day)
- Swimming costume, towel, sunscreen
- Dry clothes to put on after the trip
- Money for souvenirs and snacks, photos etc.
- Please do not wear any jewellery - it is recommended that you leave anything of value in your hotel safe for this trip.
The minimum age for rafting the Barron River is 13 years.
Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant.
White Water Rafting | Port Douglas