About Daintree Walkabout
Dreamtime Gorge Walk
After arriving at Mossman Gorge, you will be treated to a guided rainforest walk along private, easy graded tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over cool rainforest streams. Your experienced interpretive Indigenous guides demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush tucker sources, share their dreamtime legends, explain the history of cave paintings and provide an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationships within this unique tropical environment. After your 1.5hr walk, enjoy tea, damper and question time with guide.
Your driver/guide will point out the highlights of Australia’s most northern sugar town.
The Daintree Tea House is our lunch venue today where you can enjoy a special barramundi lunch (alternate options available). A tropical fruit demonstration and tasting is also included.
Daintree River Cruise
Enjoy a fascinating hour cruising through this wildlife environment, which is home to birds, tree snakes, unique plants and the estuarine crocodile – a great photo opportunity. Enjoy afternoon tea after your cruise.
Enjoy a short tour of the historical town of Port Douglas. We then continue back to Cairns.
- 7.00am Hotel Pick-up
- 9.00am Dreamtime Gorge Walk
- Bush Tea, Damper & Question time
- Guide will point out the highlights of Australia's most norther sugar town
- 12.15pm Lunch at Daintree Tea House
- 1.30pm Daintree River Cruise
- Enjoy a short tour of Port Douglas, then continue back to Cairns
- Hotel pick-up from 7.00am ex Cairns
- Hotel pick-up from 8.00am ex Port Douglas
- Professional driver/guide
- Kuku Yalanji Dreamtime Walk at Mossman Gorge including:
- 1.5hr guided walk (600m) on easy graded tracks
- Tea & damper
- Lunch at Daintree Tea House
- Daintree River Cruise with afternoon tea
- Short tour of Port Douglas
- Return to Port Douglas approx. 4pm
- Return to Cairns approx. 5.30pm
Daintree Walkabout Reviews
YAN KIT LEE
The Daintree Walkabout tour takes you through ancient rainforests and back to the Dreamtime with the local Kuku Yalanji tribe. Dine at Silky Oaks Lodge, then cruise the Daintree River and spot a crocodile, and spend time in the historical town of Port Douglas. Departures: Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat Return Hotel transfers included from Cairns, Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) and Port Douglas, commencing 7:30am and returning approx 5:30pm