About Ocean Free Green Island + Great Barrier Reef
Sail to Green Island
Sail to “Pinnacle Reef” on our classic 16.5m schooner. Snorkel and dive off our exclusive mooring on Pinnacle Reef where the “bommies” – (coral outcrops) come to just 1m under the surface for easy viewing of the abundant sea life + coral gardens ! Extremely low guest numbers ( 25 pax ) and attentive crew ensures a personal snorkel and dive experience . Miss the crowds !
After a morning of snorkelling and (optional extra ) diving relax and enjoy a large smorgasbord lunch with seafood and then hop into the tender for a quick trip to the Island.
On Green Island explore walking tracks through tropical rainforest. Visit Marineland Melanesia where Casius the largest crocodile in captivity calls home . Laze around on the beautiful white sandy beaches and wade in the shallow crystal waters that surround the island.
Over 4 and ½ hours to enjoy reef and Island ! The amount of time spent on the reef or island is your choice!
Relax on the quiet sail home while our crew indulge you with platters of tropical fruit, cheese + crackers and assorted cakes and a glass of wine
Ocean Free's small number of passengers, only 25*, ensures a truly personalised and unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience. You may even want to try your first ever scuba dive, or for the certified diver, enjoy being guided by our qualified instructors on one of the best kept secrets on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Morning tea & coffee
- 4½ hours on our exclusive mooring on the Great Barrier Reef
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkeling tuition
- Use of all snorkeling equipment
- Wet/Stinger suits
- Scuba diving demonstration
- Transfers to & from Green Island
- Afternoon tea (tropical)
- Glass of wine
- Coach transfers
- Scuba diving- Introductory/Certified
- Underwater cameras
- Range of quality merchandise
- Green Island activities
- Glass bottom boat
- Marineland Melanesia
On Green Island
- wander along the beautiful white beach
- walk around the island, view the bird life and vegetation
- grab an ice-cream or cocktail and relax in paradise
After over 4 hours on the Great Barrier Reef we set sail for Cairns (Wind Permitting).
Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine with your tropical afternoon tea (fruit, cheese & cake) a perfect finale to a day of snorkeling and diving on the Great Barrier Reef. We arrive back in Cairns between 5:00-5:30pm, with the sun setting in the hills behind Cairns - Beautiful!
Why Sail with us?
- The most personal, customer-oriented Great Barrier Reef & Island tour in Cairns.
- ONLY 25 guests maximum (surveyed for 52).
- Escape the crowds. Ocean Free has an exclusive reef mooring, where only our guests snorkel and dive.
- Ocean Free is the only sailing tour to offer reef and island destinations.
- This is Cairns' only sailing tour where the engines really do get switched off (wind prevailing).
- A truly personalised tour where you are a name not a number.
- Experience this world renowned island, the only one on the Great Barrier Reef to have rainforest!
Our crew make the difference, with enthusiasm and service, ensuring all of our guests have a memorable and safe Great Barrier Reef Experience!
Ocean Free Green Island + Great Barrier Reef Reviews
Ocean Free Green Island + Great Barrier Reef
Check-in At the Reef Fleet Terminal From 7.15 - 7.30am Departure 8.00am Return 5.00 - 5.15pm
Direct Contact Info
Hours: Please call for opening hours
P.O. Box 358