About Ocean Freedom | Barrier Reef Tour from Cairns
Cruising Upolu Cay & Reef
Upolu Cay is a naturally formed coral cay situated 30 kilometers from Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef and is the perfect location with protected, shallow waters from which to explore the reef snorkeling & scuba diving. Ocean Freedom cruises you to Upolu Cay in less than an hour. The first Great Barrier Reef tour to arrive at Upolu Cay, Ocean Freedom offers you over one hour to explore the Cay and surrounding reef uninterrupted. You may even want to try your first ever scuba dive, or for the certified diver, enjoy being guided by our qualified instructors on some of the best dive sites on the reef.
- Adventure Drift Snorkelling Tour with Marine Naturalist
- Reef Talk by Marine Interpreter
- Glass bottom Boat Tour
- Snorkelling Tuition
- Top quality Snorkelling equipment (masks, flippers, snorkel)
- Buoyancy snorkel vests
- Transfers to and from Upolu Cay
- Lycra suits /or wet suits (depending on season)
- 2 Reef destinations on the day including Upolu Cay + outer edge Upolu Reef
- 6 full hours on the Reef
- Tea and coffee all day
- Large smorgasbord lunch with seafood
- Platter tropical fruit, cheese and crackers, assorted cake served during day (Refreshments , Licensed bar, and quality merchandise available for purchasee)
- Coach transfers
- Scuba diving - Introductory/Certified
- Refreshments from the licensed bar
- Underwater cameras
- Snorkel tours
- Range of quality merchandise
First Cay site:
Enjoy a Glass Bottom boat tour to Upolu Cay - Ocean Freedom is the first boat to arrive at the beautiful Upolu Cay enjoy it uninterrupted ! Surrounded by stunning turquoise water and many types of corals, reef fishes, stingrays, cucumbers, sea stars this is a great introduction to the reef. Snorkel and dive here. All necessary assistance is provided to ensure all guests get to enjoy the reef.
Lunch approximately 12:30am. Self serve buffet. Large smorgasbord lunch consisting of 3 meats and chicken platter, prawns, smoked salmon and 3 salads and a selection of breads. While lunch is being enjoyed we cruise slowly to our second site.
Second reef site:
Amazing "Wonder Wall" on the Outer Edge of Upolu Reef . View many different types of hard and soft coral in addition to fans, giant clams, turtles, a huge diversity and abundance of reef fish of all sizes, nemos everywhere! Snorkel and dive here . Enjoy an informative adventure drift snorkel tour with our Marine Naturalist.
After a full 6hrs of unrushed pleasure on the reef and Cay cruise home while our crew serve a sumptuous selection of tropical fruit , cheese + crackers and the decadent cake platter an ultimate way to wind down after a magical day on the one and only Great Barrier Reef.
Arrive in Cairns from 4.30pm
(Please note that we may swap which destination we travel to first, due to tides)
Ocean Freedom | Barrier Reef Tour from Cairns Reviews
Ocean Freedom | Barrier Reef Tour from Cairns
Direct Contact Info
Hours: Please call for opening hours
P.O. Box 358