About Tully River White Water Rafting
White Water Rafting on the Tully River
Tully River Rafting is regarded as the best rafting in Australia. Experience grade 3-4 rapids and stunning views of world heritage-listed rainforests of the Tully Gorge National Park.
The Tully River is located about 2 hours south of Cairns, be prepared for an early start, pick-ups begin at 6:00am from Cairns. Please make sure to enter your hotel name into the booking form.
On the way to Tully your guide will conduct a safety briefing providing clear instructions on how to navigate the rapids.
After a quick stop for breakfast (own expense), you'll then arrive at the river, ready to get your kit on.
Raging Thunder has over 30 years experience on the Tully River and a 100% commitment to white water rafting safety
Each raft at the Tully river is controlled by a highly trained river guide, who teaches you the correct techniques during the day, and who will share with you the history and wonders of this magnificent landscape which few get to see.
The Tully River is rated a Grade 3-4, which means there are some exciting rapids and guaranteed water levels all year round. It really is a very memorable, fun day with the World Heritage rainforest providing an unforgettable backdrop.
With over 27 rapids on the river, this is the longest rafting trip available. No experience is necessary to raft these Grade 4 rapids.
Included in Your Day
- Return hotel transfers (except self-drive)
- Approximately 5 hours of white water rafting grade 3-4 rapids
- All tuition, no experience necessary
- Safety equipment including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket, 8 man raft
- BBQ lunch beside the river with vegetarians options available
$30 Pay on Day Fee
Raging Thunder require a $30 per person fee due on the day of your white Water Rafting Experience. The fee covers a range of expenses such as environmental land management and water release costs.
Tully River Rafting Times
Departs Daily From
- Cairns 6.30am | Returns 6.00pm
- Mission Beach Base located at 39 Porters Promenade, Mission Beach 8.30am departure | Returns 5.00pm
- Tully Gum Boot 9.10am | Returns 5.00pm
The Tully Gorge is 2.5 hours from Cairns and 1 hour from Mission Beach
Self Drive: Please meet at the Raging Thunder Mission Beach Hub- 39 Porter Promenade, Mission Beach at 08:30 AM. Buses return to the same location after the tour between 3.30-4PM.
What to Bring:
- Secure footwear (also available to hire)
- Beach wear (board shorts and swimmers)
- Dry clothes
- Your booking confirmation and money for extras, souvenirs and snacks, photos etc.
Please remember to remove any jewellery before white water rafting.
Tully River Rafting Safety
Raging Thunder has over 30 years experience on the Tully River and a 100% commitment to white water rafting safety.
- Minimum age is 13 years, and those under 18 must travel with a guardian or parent
- Tully river rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- For you safety you will not be permitted to raft if we detect you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, no refund will apply
If you have a medical condition and/or you are unsure that you are physically able to participate in the activity, we recommend that you consult with a medical practitioner prior to booking.
Tully River White Water Rafting Reviews
Donna Michelle Sampso
Tully River White Water Rafting
Tully River Rafting Departs Daily. The Tully Gorge is 2.5 hours from Cairns and 1 hour from Mission Beach Cairns 6.30am | Returns 6.00pm Mission Beach Base located at 39 Porters Promenade, Mission Beach 8.30am departure | Returns 5.00pm Tully Gum Boot 9.10am | Returns 5.00pm Self Drive: Please meet at the Raging Thunder Mission Beach Hub- 39 Porter Promenade, Mission Beach at 08:30 AM. Buses return to the same location after the tour between 3.30-4PM.