Port Arthur & Tasman Peninsula Tour from Hobart
Enjoy a fun and action-packed day out on the Tasman Peninsula. Explore convict history at Port Arthur Historic Site, view amazing scenery and panoramic landscapes from Tasman Peninsula and Pirates Bay Lookout, and visit Federation Chocolate Factory.
- Port Arthur Historic Site (4 hours)
- Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)
- Tasman National Park – Devils Kitchen, Tasman Arch
- Pirates Bay Lookout
- Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
- Richmond Village and historic bridge
- Hobart City lookout
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Port Arthur Harbour Cruise
- Professional guides & interpretation
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick-up and drop-off
- Airport drop-offs on request. Please advise flight number in notes.
Departure times & locations
- Departs: Hobart 7.30am
- Returns: Hobart 6.00pm
- Pick-up time: We offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up from 7.00am to 7.30am depending on your location
Your day at a glance:
Today is action packed and fast paced. We make an early start from Hobart and drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula. This area has amazing history, fascinating stories and spectacular scenery. It is also home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. We enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout which provides a great vantage of the surrounding area.
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and "The Dogline" our Tour Guides will share with you some fascinating stories and history of the area. Then we begin one of Tasmania's "Great Short Walks". We follow a spectacular track, of around 2 km’s along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. The walk takes around 45-60 minutes, is undulating, but categorised as an easy walk. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
Continuing our journey, we arrive at Port Arthur Historic Site. As we enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, there is a wealth of information and history to take in and you will have ample time to explore and discover the nooks and crannies with around 4 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead, ‘The Port Arthur Experience' a podcast that provides a fascinating introduction to the site, and complimentary site talks throughout the day led by Port Arthur’s expert guides.
On our return to Hobart, we travel via the historic township of Richmond. Arriving late the in the afternoon, you will have time to meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop, Chocolatier and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sand-stone bridge.
We arrive back into Hobart around 6.00pm.
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. Participants aged 8 – 15 years travel at child prices.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
- Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Port Arthur & Tasman Peninsula Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
- If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Ian was a fabulous guide/driver. He is friendly, knowledgeable and interested in helping people enjoy the experience. The tour was excellent with time to enjoy each place we stopped.
Departs: Hobart 7.30am
Returns: Hobart 6.00pm
Pick-up time: We offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up from 7.00am to 7.30am depending on your location