Full Day Butter Box Canyoning | Blue Mountains
Get A Shot of Adrenalin With This Full Day Canyoning in The Beautiful Blue Mountains. Butterbox Canyon is one of the great adventure challenges of the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
What makes it Great:
- A canyon adventure in a stunning setting and breathtaking views
- National park fees, all technical equipment and instruction provided included for a hassle-free experience
- Small-group tour ensures a more personal experience
- National Park fees
- Nationally qualified and highly experienced instructors
- All technical equipment and instruction (abseil gear, wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes, harnesses, helmets and ropes)
- A waterproof camera
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point around 5 PM
Your day at a glance:
- Soon the first highlight of the canyon is reached: the two main abseils which lead you down a vertical waterfall. The stance between the abseils is a chockstone, wedged in an airy position halfway down the waterfall. This is canyoning at its best! We then break for our famous lunch .
- Another abseil and jump gets us to the end of the canyon. To walk out we sneak up through steep gullies between rock faces and walk along narrow ledges.
- The excitement continues with a simple 10-metre rock climb 300 metres above the base of the canyon. Easy walking takes us back to the car park.
Things To Bring
Dress for the weather, wear running or hiking shoes and bring water and camera. For Canyoning bring running shoes to get wet, swimsuit and waterproof camera. If you don’t have one we supply a waterproof camera free of charge. We also have helmets fitted with Go Pro mounts.
Travelling with children
Not recommended for child aged 14 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Butter Box Canyon - Blue Mountains. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About High and Wild Blue Mountains Adventures
High and Wild has been leading the way in Blue Mountains adventure tours since 1989. We are fully insured and licensed by National Parks and Blue Mountains City Council. We are a group of skilled and passionate outdoor adventurers. Our aim is to provide people from all parts of the world and all walks of life an opportunity to experience the beauty and wonder of the Blue Mountains.
Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
Departure Time: 8:00 AM