Full Day Empress Canyon Abseiling & Canyoning | Blue Mountains
A fantastic abseiling/canyon combination, one of the Blue Mountains' best! The first half of the day is spent abseiling, beginning with small cliffs and building up to those more challenging ones. After an included lunch walk to the start of the canyon, wade into a creek, and jump into a rock pool. After some exhilarating water jumps and swims, abseil out of the canyon and into the rock pool below.
What makes it Great:
- Unique way to discover the Blue Mountains
- Combine abseiling with a canyon adventure in a stunning setting and breathtaking views
- National park fees, all technical equipment and instruction provided included for a hassle-free experience
- Small-group tour ensures a more personal experience
- National Park fees
- Nationally qualified and highly experienced instructors
- All technical equipment and instruction (abseil gear, wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes, harnesses, helmets and ropes)
- A waterproof camera
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
- Departure Time: 8:45 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point around 5 PM
Your day at a glance:
- The first half of the day is abseiling, starting with a 5-metre-high cliff and building up to 30-metre-high cliffs during the morning.
- After lunch, it’s a scenic 20-minute walk to the start of the canyon.
- Wade into the creek that descends the narrow, slot-like canyon and within a few seconds you are jumping into a rock pool, the first of several jumps and swims. This canyon is an exciting affair with water jumps, exhilarating swims, water-slides and fantastic scenery.
- The final descent out of the canyon is one of the best waterfall abseils in the mountains. Clip into the rope, step back and follow the 30-metre waterfall down to the deep rock pool below. This is not just a brilliant waterfall abseil but also a fantastic photo opportunity.
Things To Bring
Dress for the weather, wear running or hiking shoes and bring water and camera. For Canyoning bring running shoes to get wet, swimsuit and waterproof camera. If you don’t have one we supply a waterproof camera free of charge. We also have helmets fitted with Go Pro mounts.
Travelling with children
Not recommended for child aged 13 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Full Day Abseiling and Canyoning Blue Mountains | Stunning Empress Canyon. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About High and Wild Blue Mountains Adventures
High and Wild has been leading the way in Blue Mountains adventure tours since 1989. We are a group of skilled and passionate outdoor adventurers. Our aim is to provide people from all parts of the world and all walks of life an opportunity to experience the beauty and wonder of the Blue Mountains.
Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.